The Ohio State University suspended head coach Urban Meyer for 3 games following a more than two week long investigation regarding his knowledge of domestic abuse against former assistant coach Zach Smith.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
OSU President Dr. Michael Drake and the school’s Board of Trustees met and deliberated for more than 10 hours Wednesday before coming to the conclusion that Meyer would be suspended. In addition OSU Athletic Director Gene Smith was suspended from August 31 through Sept 16.
Meyer will miss a home against Oregon State and Rutgers, and a neutral-site game against TCU at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Music Columbus and Power 1075/1063 Presents: Music Business Monday’s Virtual Music Conference
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Powerhouse Couple Russell Wilson and Ciara Ink First-Look Deal With Amazon Studios
- CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People Don’t Need Face Masks Indoors or Outdoors
- Trending Topics: Colonial Pipeline Back Online Amid Gas Shortage + Judge Asked to OK Evidence of Ahmaud Arbery’s Past
- Yara Shahidi Collaborated With Adidas With To Create Yara Shahidi Superstar Shoes
- Hip Hop Spot: J. Cole’s Freestyle Has The Hip-Hop World Shook + Jay Z Leads Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- #JusticeForPamelaTurner: Civil Rights Leaders Organize Rally On Second Anniversary Of Her Death
- ‘American Idol’ Finalist Leaves Show After KKK-Themed Video Lands Online
- Black Man Charged With Manslaughter For Fatally Punching Old Man Over Racist Slur
- Tiffany Haddish’s Short Buzz Cut Maybe Coming To Daytime Television
- Vashtie Talks Motherhood, Style Inspirations, And Her Latest Sneaker Collaboration With Pine-Sol