Councilmember Shayla D. Favor was appointed to fill the unexpired term of newly elected Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Judge Jaiza Page on January 14, 2019.
Prior to joining Council, Favor served as an Assistant City Attorney in Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein’s office. As a Zone Attorney, Favor had the opportunity to litigate high-profile environmental lawsuits, advise administrative and local governmental agencies, and draft several pieces of legislation. Favor worked alongside the leaders of our city and community to provide essential city services to improve Columbus’ neighborhoods and facilitate conversations to address criminal activity, vacancies, abandonment, and blight.
While serving as a Zone Attorney, Favor implemented two initiatives to address our City’s blight; the Vacant and Abandoned Property program, along with Receivership program, have both addressed blight through enforcement, demolition and rehabilitation. These initiatives have effectively helped to decrease our vacant and abandoned property count and to put once-blighted properties back into the housing market.
In addition to serving on Council, Favor serves on the Executive Board of the John Mercer Langston Bar Association, whose purpose is to be a facilitator of excellence within the legal profession while encouraging community service for those in need. Favor also serves on the Executive Board for the annual design conference, Creative Control Fest. Creative Control Fest aims to provide a platform for creatives of color in the industries of art, music, design, activism, tech, scholarship and entrepreneurship.
- Trayvon Martin’s Mother to run for office in Miami
- For the first time in 125 years, Hershey’s gave it’s chocolate bars a redesign,
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, 71, Was Dropped Kicked In The Back By a Fan
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Pledges To Pay Off Student Loan Debt Of Morehouse’s Entire Graduating Class of 2019
- Rapper DaBaby’s Weed Carriers Bless Fan With The Fade [Video]
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Speaks in Columbus [VIDEO]
- DJ Khaled ft. SZA “Just Us,” Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road” & More | Daily Visuals 5.17.19
- Columbus Hosted Largest Komen Race For The Cure!!
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Owes Much Of His Success To Dia Simms
- This Nipsey Hussle and John Legend Video From DJ Khaled Might Make Your Eyes Sweat