Councilmember Shayla D. Favor was appointed to fill the unexpired term of newly elected Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Judge Jaiza Page on January 14, 2019.
Prior to joining Council, Favor served as an Assistant City Attorney in Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein’s office. As a Zone Attorney, Favor had the opportunity to litigate high-profile environmental lawsuits, advise administrative and local governmental agencies, and draft several pieces of legislation. Favor worked alongside the leaders of our city and community to provide essential city services to improve Columbus’ neighborhoods and facilitate conversations to address criminal activity, vacancies, abandonment, and blight.
While serving as a Zone Attorney, Favor implemented two initiatives to address our City’s blight; the Vacant and Abandoned Property program, along with Receivership program, have both addressed blight through enforcement, demolition and rehabilitation. These initiatives have effectively helped to decrease our vacant and abandoned property count and to put once-blighted properties back into the housing market.
In addition to serving on Council, Favor serves on the Executive Board of the John Mercer Langston Bar Association, whose purpose is to be a facilitator of excellence within the legal profession while encouraging community service for those in need. Favor also serves on the Executive Board for the annual design conference, Creative Control Fest. Creative Control Fest aims to provide a platform for creatives of color in the industries of art, music, design, activism, tech, scholarship and entrepreneurship.
- OMG: Shaq’s Feet Are Scary AF
- Hot Girl Summer! Wendy Williams Posts Pic With Bearded Mystery Man
- Happy Birthday Auntie! Six Times Congresswoman Maxine Waters Proved She’s The Illest
- Drug Dealer Who Claimed Half Of Death Row And Rap-A-Lot Is Getting Out Of Prison
- Cardi B Says Someone Is ‘Obsessed With Me,’ Is It, Nicki Minaj?
- Columbus City Schools adds more security, cameras for new school year
- R. Kelly Reportedly Seeking Help of Michael Jackson’s Attorney
- Rising Housing Costs Are Making Black Residents Physically Sick
- ‘Married At First Sight’: Iris Seemingly Put All Her Worth Into Her Virginity & Now She’s Crippled By It
- Everything We Know About HBCU Student Javaon Ousley Who Was Killed In Alabama Police Shooting