Councilmember Shayla D. Favor was appointed to fill the unexpired term of newly elected Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Judge Jaiza Page on January 14, 2019.
Prior to joining Council, Favor served as an Assistant City Attorney in Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein’s office. As a Zone Attorney, Favor had the opportunity to litigate high-profile environmental lawsuits, advise administrative and local governmental agencies, and draft several pieces of legislation. Favor worked alongside the leaders of our city and community to provide essential city services to improve Columbus’ neighborhoods and facilitate conversations to address criminal activity, vacancies, abandonment, and blight.
While serving as a Zone Attorney, Favor implemented two initiatives to address our City’s blight; the Vacant and Abandoned Property program, along with Receivership program, have both addressed blight through enforcement, demolition and rehabilitation. These initiatives have effectively helped to decrease our vacant and abandoned property count and to put once-blighted properties back into the housing market.
In addition to serving on Council, Favor serves on the Executive Board of the John Mercer Langston Bar Association, whose purpose is to be a facilitator of excellence within the legal profession while encouraging community service for those in need. Favor also serves on the Executive Board for the annual design conference, Creative Control Fest. Creative Control Fest aims to provide a platform for creatives of color in the industries of art, music, design, activism, tech, scholarship and entrepreneurship.
- David’s Bridal Will No Longer Charge More for Plus-Size Wedding Dresses
- Kanye West & Joel Osteen Taking Sunday Service On Tour?
- And Another One! Miss Jamaica Wins The Miss World Title
- Kodak Black Claims C.O.’s Beat The Brakes Off Him In Prison, Denied Medical Attention
- Dream In Black: Smackaroni and Cheese [Episode 3]
- Kodak Black Details Unfair Treatment While Incarcerated!
- Merry Lit-Mas! 13 Hip Hop Holiday Songs That’ll Have Your Yuletide Jumping
- Evelyn Lozada Announces YouTube Series, ‘LIVING LOZADA UNCUT’
- Charles Oakley Says Patrick Ewing Wouldn’t Work For Knicks Coaching Job
- Dream In Black: Secret Santa [Episode 2]