21 Savage was arrested early Sunday by in Atlanta by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement on reports that he is illegally present in the United States.
21, whose real name is Shayaabin Abraham-Joseph, is a citizen of the United Kingdom, according to reports. Savage entered the states legally at the age of 15 in 2005 but never left causing his visa to expire in 2006.
Savage has claimed to be born and raised in Atlanta and has long considered himself an ATL resident. Cox said that 21 is an “unlawfully present United Kingdom national” who legally entered the United States in 2005 when he was 12 or 13 years old on a visa. His visa expired a year later, Cox said.
He’s been placed in “removal proceedings before the federal immigration” courts, Cox added.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Savage, who was convicted on felony drug charges in October 2014 in Fulton County, Georgia, was arrested at Club 426 in a targeted sting.
Stay tuned for more information as we get it. In the meantime, you know the Internet wasted NO TIME responding!
- Cedar Point Kicks Off 150th Anniversary Season Today!
- ‘High On Heels’ The Documentary Explores The Power, Fierceness And Sexiness Of The High Heel
- 2020 Rock Hall Inductions to Be Held Virtually
- Celebrity Stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew Does Not Want You Cutting Your Hair To Make Baby Hairs
- Biracial Influencer Ryley Isaac Is Working To Destigmatize The Shame Around Her Birthmark One Makeup Tutorial At A Time
- Rickey Smiley Passionately Calls For The Black Community “To Get These Hoodlums Out”
- Tennis Superstar Novak Djokovic Faces Heat For Doing Too Much During COVID-19
- Krazy Kooky Kouple Who Painted Over California BLM Sign Charged With Hate Crime
- WNBA Players Call For Senator Kelly Loeffler To Step Down After Suspect Black Live Matters Remarks
- Ohio GOP State Representative Nino Vitale: “Stop Getting Tested” for COVID-19