21 Savage was arrested early Sunday by in Atlanta by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement on reports that he is illegally present in the United States.
21, whose real name is Shayaabin Abraham-Joseph, is a citizen of the United Kingdom, according to reports. Savage entered the states legally at the age of 15 in 2005 but never left causing his visa to expire in 2006.
Savage has claimed to be born and raised in Atlanta and has long considered himself an ATL resident. Cox said that 21 is an “unlawfully present United Kingdom national” who legally entered the United States in 2005 when he was 12 or 13 years old on a visa. His visa expired a year later, Cox said.
He’s been placed in “removal proceedings before the federal immigration” courts, Cox added.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Savage, who was convicted on felony drug charges in October 2014 in Fulton County, Georgia, was arrested at Club 426 in a targeted sting.
Stay tuned for more information as we get it. In the meantime, you know the Internet wasted NO TIME responding!
- Jacqueline Avant, Wife Of ‘Black Godfather’ Clarence Avant, Shot & Killed In Home Robbery
- Mold Complaints At Virginia HBCU Get Dorm Shut Down For The Entire Academic Year
- World AIDS Day Reminds Us To Press Forward in the Fight to End the HIV/AIDS Epidemic
- Why Do Black Moms Make Us Eat Black-Eyed Peas On New Year’s Day?
- Oh Baby! Rihanna Rumored To Be Expecting First Child With ASAP Rocky
- Need tips on holiday spending?
- Halle Berry Celebrates The Success Of ‘Bruised’ With A Solo Dance Party
- Travis Scott Rejected By Family Of Youngest Astroworld Victim After Offering To Pay For Funeral
- Jazmine Sullivan Announces 2022 Tour, ‘Heaux Tales’
- Former UCF Star Otis Anderson Jr. Shot & Killed By Own Dad Over A Dog Bite