It’s officially Pride Week in Columbus and there’s a lot of rainbow colors spotted throughout the city, especially in the Short North.
Organizers of the Pride Festival say they expect this Pride parade to be bigger than it has ever been!
“We’re a fan city,” said Stonewall Columbus Pride Coordinator Sabrina Boykin. “There is no other city that represents anything they love like Columbus.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The festival has grown by 33 percent and the parade by almost 45 percent which means there’s some new things to look forward to.
Boykin said it is all thanks to the community, and people like Drag Queen Nina West who is the grand marshal for the parade and recently had Hull Alley in the short north renamed after her.
“So to celebrate her is fantastic and to put her on this platform is fantastic, and we just have to remember that his message it ‘kindness is king’ and live by it and that’s what we’re doing,” said Boykin.
“Be Kind” is placed on the sign along with West’s name.
West is portrayed by Andrew Levitt, who raises money and awareness for non-profit organizations much of it helps the LGBTQ community.
“We are so proud of everything she has done to not only share her talents with the rest of America, but to be such an amazing kind leader her in our community,” said Betsy Pandora who is the executive director of the Short North Alliance.
Pride Festival kicks off this weekend on Friday the 14th! The huge parade is set to begin Saturday, June 15th at 10:30 a.m.!
- Press Play: Kerry Washington And Reese Witherspoon Co-Star In New Hulu Drama Teaser
- Super Dad Shannon LaNier Makes Tutorials For Fathers Struggling To Do Their Daughter’s Hair
- Good Samaritan Kobe Bryant Assist in Car Accident
- Win Cash From Power in Time for the Holidays!
- YG and Kehlani Break Up, She is Single and Focused
- See You At The Crossroads: Careers That Were Killed By Cancel Culture In 2019
- Columbus looking for Missing Teen, believed to be in North Linden
- Nicki Minaj Encourages Mental Health Awareness: ‘It’s Important We Don’t Pass Judgement’
- House passes bill to Lower Prescription Drug Costs
- You’ll Be Ight: Here’s Why Friday The 13th Is Actually Awesome