According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Ohio State Safety Marcus Hooker, Sentenced to Jail and Fines After Pleading Guilty to OVI
- Toni Braxton Continues To Give Us Blonde Bombshell And We Stan!
- Suspects Arrested in March 3rd Polaris Fashion Place Shooting
- Man Shot and Killed By Police at Mount Carmel St. Ann’s Hospital
- Cardi B Debuts Apparel Collection With Reebok
- Protests Escalate Near Minneapolis After Police Officer Fatally Shoots Black Man During Traffic Stop
- Police Chief Says Cop Mistakenly Shot Daunte Wright, Recycles Same Excuse Used In Death Of Oscar Grant
- Hip Hop Spot: Swizz Beatz Honors DMX in Emotional Video: ‘He Was a Humanitarian’
- Usher Pays Adult Entertainers In “Ush Bucks” & Fans Are Clowning Him For It On Twitter
- Family Of Nigel Shelby, Alabama Teen Who Died By Suicide After Anti-Gay Bullying, To File Lawsuit
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com