According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Da Baby Says ‘God’s Ready For Me To Be An Icon’
- Alfonso Ribeiro Cites His Interracial Marriage For Not Being Accepted By The Black Community
- Wiz Khalifa Slept In A Bonnet For The First Time And This Was His Reaction
- Marjorie Harvey’s New Louis Vuitton Purse Costs The Equivalent To A Tesla
- Video Shows Texas Cop Brutally ‘Choked’ Black Teen Girl ‘Simply Walking Home,’ Violently Arrested Her Mom
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Teeny Tiny Blue Bikini
- Video Shows Cops Use Police Dog On Handcuffed, Unarmed Black Man Having Mental Health Crisis
- ‘Simone Biles Jokes’: SNL’s Michael Che Dragged For Allegedly Mocking Gymnast In Deleted Instagram Stories
- Minnesota White Man Stalks Interracial Couple Then Rams A Stolen SUV Into Their Home
- A ‘House Party’ Reboot Starring ‘The Chi’ Actor Jacob Latimore In The Works
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com