CLOSE

Personally, this hit a sore spot for me, because I love chicken!  However,  Kentucky Fried Chicken has been ordered to pay $8.3 million to an Australian girl who suffered severe brain damage and was paralysed after eating a Twister wrap.

Monika Samaan was seven when she suffered salmonella encephalopathy — a brain injury linked to food poisoning that also left her with a blood infection and septic shock — in October 2005.

Other family memebers also got sick and claimed Samaan’s injuries, which include severe cognitive, motor and speech impairment and spastic quadriplegia, were caused by a chicken Twister wrap from a Sydney KFC outlet.

The New South Wales Supreme Court ruled in the family’s favour a week ago and on Friday ordered KFC to pay the girl $8 million in damages plus legal costs.

Tunechi….Thoughts?

Also On Power 107.5: