Rap legend Big Danny Kane tells FUSE about how being at a Sharon Jones and Talib Kweli show in North Carolina inspired him to form a hip-hop/soul group and record new music.
The group called Las Suppa, is comprised of Big Daddy Kane, Pharoahe Monch’s singer Showtime (“My Desire”) and band the Lifted Crew, who have played for Slick Rick.
“We want to bring back the vintage ’70s soul and combining it with the ’80s hip-hop sound and doing it over live instruments,” says Big Daddy Kane of the album, “Back To The Future.” Watch the full interview below.
Get more of the latest on TheUrbanDaily.com:
Like Power 107.5 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- FRANK IS GOING FOR CHRIS BROWN’S REP?
- PMC REWIND: “Rub One Off”
- 50 Cent Calls Out Rick Ross: “Fat Boy Hit The Building, It Looks Staged To Me”
- 10 HILARIOUS Obama Quotes!!!
- Houston Family Admits Bobby Brown is NOT Responsible for Whitney’s Drug Addiction! See Who Is Here!
Big Daddy Kane Goes “Back To The Future” With New Album [VIDEO] was originally published on theurbandaily.com