Rihanna learned the hard way that you can’t blow everything off. A judged agreed to fine her more than $47,000 for holding up court procedures.
Rihanna’s ex-accountants have been trying to get the singer to sit for a deposition in a lawsuit she filed against them. Rihanna claims they mismanaged her money and owed her millions, but the accountants claim Rihanna’s the one who’s at fault.
According to the accountants — Berdon LLP — Rihanna’s been blowing off deposition after deposition (Lindsay-style) costing them boatloads in attorneys’ fees, so Berdon asked the judge to punish the singer.
The judge agreed and fined Rihanna $47,050.
In addition, the judge ordered for Rihanna to sit down for the deposition August 28th, and if she doesn’t show up, he might dismiss her case all together.
Rihanna Hairstyles We Wish She’d Rock Again
1. Rihanna’s Elvis-inspired tresses1 of 10
2. Regel in Red!2 of 10
3. Oh those bangs, though.3 of 10
4. The pixie cut works on everyone (I think!)4 of 10
5. Can we be blunt? We love this!5 of 10
6. The perfect bob6 of 10
7. An ode to Halle Berry7 of 10
8. Asymmetrically may never get old!8 of 10
9. Does anyone remember this look?9 of 10
10. When no one knew who she was? Love it!10 of 10
Rihanna Fined $47,000 for Dodging Court Procedures was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com