Rihanna learned the hard way that you can’t blow everything off. A judged agreed to fine her more than $47,000 for holding up court procedures.
Rihanna’s ex-accountants have been trying to get the singer to sit for a deposition in a lawsuit she filed against them. Rihanna claims they mismanaged her money and owed her millions, but the accountants claim Rihanna’s the one who’s at fault.
According to the accountants — Berdon LLP — Rihanna’s been blowing off deposition after deposition (Lindsay-style) costing them boatloads in attorneys’ fees, so Berdon asked the judge to punish the singer.
The judge agreed and fined Rihanna $47,050.
In addition, the judge ordered for Rihanna to sit down for the deposition August 28th, and if she doesn’t show up, he might dismiss her case all together.
Rihanna Hairstyles We Wish She’d Rock Again
1. Rihanna’s Elvis-inspired tressesSource:Getty Images 1 of 10
2. Regel in Red!Source:Getty Images 2 of 10
3. Oh those bangs, though.Source:Getty Images 3 of 10
4. The pixie cut works on everyone (I think!)Source:Getty Images 4 of 10
5. Can we be blunt? We love this!Source:Getty Images 5 of 10
6. The perfect bobSource:Getty Images 6 of 10
7. An ode to Halle BerrySource:Getty Images 7 of 10
8. Asymmetrically may never get old!Source:Getty Images 8 of 10
9. Does anyone remember this look?Source:Getty Images 9 of 10
10. When no one knew who she was? Love it!Source:Getty Images 10 of 10
Rihanna Fined $47,000 for Dodging Court Procedures was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com