Rapper Dee-1 just announced that he just inked a deal with RCA Inspiration. A New Orleans native, Dee-1 burst onto the national scene with the mixtape “I Hope They Hear Me Vol 2″, which featured the wildly popular single “Jay, 50, Weezy”. The record proved to be a viral juggernaut spawning a YouTube video that to-date has over 600,000 total views, spins on MTV Jams and radio airplay.
Said Dee-1 about the exciting new deal,
“Signing with RCA is a life-changing partnership that I’m excited to be a part of. I know we’re about to make history together so I’m motivated to work harder than ever. Coming from New Orleans, I realize that my success is bigger than me. It’s a symbol of hope for others who want to chase their dreams and make a difference in life. So I’m going to make sure that together we all win. #MissionVision.”
RCA Inspiration General Manager,Geo Bivins spoke on the new merger between the rapper and RCA saying,
“We are truly excited about Dee-1 joining the RCA Inspiration family. In the current marketplace, where people are listening much closer to artists and seeking music that is authentic with a ‘real’ message, we believe Dee-1′s music will resonate with today’s diverse Hip Hop and Inspirational music consumers and beyond.”
After graduating from Louisiana State University, Dee-1 left his position as a middle school teacher to pursue a full time career in music. The decision proved to be a smart one and before long the educator turned rapper – and aspiring role model – caught the attention of Grammy award winning producer Mannie Fresh, who hosted Dee-1′s “The Focus” mix tape released in 2012. That successful release was followed by the “Psalms of David” mix tape (2013) which brought Dee-1 to the attention of the label. The follow-up to that project, “Psalms of David II” will drop on November 19th and includes features from Master P, PJ Morton and more to be announced with production duties being handled by Mannie Fresh, KLC and C. Smith.
Check out this freestyle from the upcoming release: “New Orleans Freestyle”
Dee-1 is currently in the studio working on his new album, due in 2014 under the RCA Inspiration imprint.
The Urban Daily congratulates both Dee-1 and RCA on their new merger!
21 Rappers Who Went To College
1. 2 Chainz, University of Alabama StateSource:Getty 1 of 20
2. Cam'ron, Texas JUCOSource:Getty 2 of 20
3. Chuck D, Adelphi UniversitySource:Getty 3 of 20
4. Common, Florida A&M UniversitySource:Getty 4 of 20
5. David Banner, Southern UniversitySource:Getty 5 of 20
6. Flavor Flav, Adelphi UniversitySource:Getty 6 of 20
7. J. Cole, St. John's UniversitySource:Getty 7 of 20
8. Kanye West, Chicago State UniversitySource:Getty 8 of 20
9. Lil Romeo, University of Southern CaliforniaSource:Getty 9 of 20
10. Lil Wayne, University of HoustonSource:Getty 10 of 20
11. Ludacris, Georgia State UniversitySource:Getty 11 of 20
12. Master P, University of HoustonSource:Getty 12 of 20
13. M.I.A, Central Saint Martin's College of Art + DesignSource:Getty 13 of 20
14. Diddy, Howard UniversitySource:Getty 14 of 20
15. Paul Wall, University of HoustonSource:Getty 15 of 20
16. Plies, University of Central FloridaSource:Getty 16 of 20
17. Rah Digga, New Jersey Institute of TechnologySource:Getty 17 of 20
18. Stalley, University of MichiganSource:Getty 18 of 20
19. Talib Kweli, New York UniversitySource:Getty 19 of 20
20. Wale, Bowie StateSource:Getty 20 of 20
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM
Underground Rapper Dee-1 Signs Deal With RCA Inspirational [VIDEO] was originally published on theurbandaily.com