Thugger sat down with the New York Times to discuss this matter and laid it flat out on the table that he had nothing to do with the shooting.
“I got millions to get, I’m not running around shooting no damn bus,” said the 22-year-old rapper.
He continued, “I’m not just being lame or trying to do something smooth. I told the whole world [Wayne is] my idol, and whenever you stop I’m gonna keep going.” Thugger has expressed his rather strange admiration for Wayne since the dawn of his career and continues to deny any involvement in the incident. Read the entire NY Times interview here.
In case you missed it, the Atlanta rapper was also interviewed by GQ magazine recently, where he reveals more details about his estranged relationship with Cash Money and Lil Wayne. Check out a few interview excerpts below:
Why’d you decide to connect with Birdman and Cash Money Records?
Because my whole life I looked up to them. I wanted to stunt like Birdman, which I fucking am. And I wanted to be like Wayne.
Plain and simple: Did you try to have Lil Wayne killed?
Read the entire GQ interview here.
SOURCE: Miss Info | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
1 of 21
1. Eyes behind expensive shades.
2 of 21
2. Because, dope.
3 of 21
3. Young Thug and tight clothing just go together.
4 of 21
4. Young style icons shop 'til they drop.
5 of 21
5. Statement pants.
6 of 21
6. Hat collection on fleek.
7 of 21
7. Styling with "Bay," aka Birdman.
8 of 21
8. Smile: priceless.
9 of 21
9. Rock that all white when he's feeling godly.
10 of 21
10. Because we all need colorful socks to complete our outfits.
11 of 21
11. He's not afraid to rock two different Jordans at the same time.
12 of 21
12. Stuntin' on stage in Versace.
13 of 21
13. Caught color blocking.
14 of 21
14. The floral scarf just makes the outfit.
15 of 21
15. Swaggy for Jimmy Fallon.
16 of 21
16. Real thugs wear thong sandals.
17 of 21
17. All denim everything. Before it was cool.
18 of 21
18. What's more dope than rocking a t-shirt with your own face on it?
19 of 21
19. Givenchy my toes and my bros.
20 of 21
20. Styling and profiling.
21 of 21
21. Channeling '70s flow.
Young Thug On Lil Wayne Tour Bus Shooting: “I’m Not Running Around Shooting No Damn Bus” was originally published on globalgrind.com