In August of 2017, Charlottesville, Virginia was all over the news as White supremacist took tiki torches to rally. That day many people were injured and one person fighting against hate, Heather Heyer died. According to Essence, now months later things have changed for Charlottesville.
The town elected its first Black female mayor, Nikuyah Walker. She is a former grassroots organizer and recently became apart of Charlottesville city council. Following everything that happened in her town she wanted to do something about it.
During her term she would like to help with healthcare, create affordable housing and jobs. On her platform she said, “I want to work with you. We need to create living-wage jobs, improve our schools, and make true affordable housing a top priority. I know what it takes to navigate complicated governmental agencies and get things done.” Congratulations Nikuyah Walker, we wish you all the success!
- Pokemon “Detective Pikachu”!!
- Columbus Battling The Worst Hepatitis A Outbreak!!
- Kim Kardashian Accussed of Selling Designer Look to Fashion Nova!!
- Ex-NFL Player Shot and Killed Over A Parking Spot
- When Will Rappers Learn??YBN Almighty Jay Named Suspect In Felony Case…Allegedly Stole From Rapper Skinnyfromthe9
- R.I.P Fashion God! 18 Stylish Photos Of Karl Lagerfeld & His Famous Friends
- How Frank Anderson Became The First African American Sheriff In Indiana
- CBUS 411 Report: Local Group Protest President’s National Emergency
- Reports Suggest Brothers ‘Rehearsed’ Attack With Jussie Smollett
- 11 Year Old Arrested Over Pledge of Allegiance
Beauty & Fashion Brands Owned By Black Women
1. BEAUTY BY AFRICA MIRANDA FACIAL ELIXIRSource: 1 of 9
2. COTTON CANARYSource: 2 of 9
3. THE LIP BARSource: 3 of 9
4. SHEILA GRAY COLLECTIONSource: 4 of 9
5. COMPASS BY EVITASource: 5 of 9
6. CEE CEE’S CLOSET NYCSource: 6 of 9
7. BENEATH YOUR MASKSource: 7 of 9
Charlottesville Elects Black Mayor, Nikuyah Walker was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com