After one of the more ugly races for Governor, Mike DeWine held off Richard Cordray to earn the head seat for the state of Ohio. The greatly debated ballot issue Amendment 1 that would have reduced penalties for drug crimes did not pass with 63.40% votes for no.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Democrat Sherrod Brown won the US. Senator seat by 53.20% over Jim Renacci. Other notable wins were Republican Dave Yost for Attorney General, Republican LaRose Frank for Secretary of State, Republican Keith Faber for Auditor and Republican Robert Sprague for Treasurer.
Nationally, Andrew Gillum lost his bid to become the first black Governor of Florida as he was defeated by Ron DeSantis in a race that may demand a recount. Other races such as the race for Governor in Georiga have yet to be called. Democrats took back the House securing 220 seats, winning Republican-held seats in Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
Of course, President Trump had something to say about the shift.
- T.I.’s Sister, Precious Harris, Dead at 66
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- New Heat For Your Playlist: Gunna
- New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Wanted In Florida Prostitution Sting
- Jussie Smollett Suspended From Empire
- Sisterwives or Nah: Man Arrested For having 3 Wives in Different States
- It’s National Margarita Day!
- Tanya Bell and Her Journey To Indiana Black Expo
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- Cuteness Overload! Cardi B Shares Video of Kulture Enjoying Her Daddy’s Music