Text “POWER” to 71007 to join Power’s mobile club for exclusive news & prizes.
https://ronemycolumbuspower.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/14897766819685.jpg?w=300&quality=80&strip=all&h=199&quality=80&strip=all alt=”Targets at Gun Shooting Range” width=”300″ height=”199″ /> Source: Eric Schwortz / Getty[/caption]
The Ohio House has passed the controversial “Stand Your Ground” bill Wednesday by a vote of 64-26. This is the same law that became well known in household across America after the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
House Bill 228 allows people to use deadly force in self-defense without having to retreat. Those who support the bill say it will allow Ohioans to not have to worry about the burden of proof of self-defense in a court of law. Those against the bill believe the new law gives people less incentive to de-escalate a situation before resorting to violence.
In addition, the bill also eliminates the need for K-12 schools, airports and other public locations to post gun-free zones and reduce certain concealed handgun violations to minor misdemeanors. There are 25 states who currently have stand your gun laws.
- The Biggest L: Woman Accidentally Kills Her Husband Over Watching Porn
- Tattooed Woman From Ohio Arrested Three Times in Six Months
- New Study Suggests Video Gaming May Harm Social Development Skills for Girls, than Boys!
- The New Feature On Instagram: Test Your Bestie
- John Singleton Reportedly In Coma After Suffering Stroke
- WTF News…..Coachella’s Herpes Spike Over 250 Cases In 2 Days!!! That’s Just NASTY
- Why We Can’t Get Enough Of Lauren London’s Character On ‘Games People Play’
- Tamron Hall Delivers Baby Boy! [PHOTOS]
- Tour Bus Reportedly Searched By FBI During Kodak Black’s D.C. Show
- Voices: Calboy “Envy Me” Goes Platinum