Text “POWER” to 71007 to join Power’s mobile club for exclusive news & prizes.
https://ronemycolumbuspower.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/14897766819685.jpg?w=300&quality=80&strip=all&h=199&quality=80&strip=all alt=”Targets at Gun Shooting Range” width=”300″ height=”199″ /> Source: Eric Schwortz / Getty[/caption]
The Ohio House has passed the controversial “Stand Your Ground” bill Wednesday by a vote of 64-26. This is the same law that became well known in household across America after the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
House Bill 228 allows people to use deadly force in self-defense without having to retreat. Those who support the bill say it will allow Ohioans to not have to worry about the burden of proof of self-defense in a court of law. Those against the bill believe the new law gives people less incentive to de-escalate a situation before resorting to violence.
In addition, the bill also eliminates the need for K-12 schools, airports and other public locations to post gun-free zones and reduce certain concealed handgun violations to minor misdemeanors. There are 25 states who currently have stand your gun laws.
- Watch Kanye West Sunday Service and More at Coachella
- Woman with Missing Leg Crawls to Safety During Linden House Fire
- Cedar Point Revealed Surprise Attraction for 2019!!
- Residents of Flint, Michigan Can Now Sue The Federal Government!!
- Jussie Smollett’s Older Brother Breaks His Silence In Powerful Essay
- Michael Ealy & Meagan Good On Protecting Black Women In ‘The Intruder’
- D.L. Hughley Says Robert Kraft’s Spa Sex Tape Should Be Released
- Schoolboy Q Announces Release Of “Crash Talk”
- Netflix Announces Its First Original African Animated Series
- Nicki Minaj Parts Ways With Management