Text “POWER” to 71007 to join Power’s mobile club for exclusive news & prizes.
https://ronemycolumbuspower.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/14897766819685.jpg?w=300&quality=80&strip=all&h=199&quality=80&strip=all alt=”Targets at Gun Shooting Range” width=”300″ height=”199″ /> Source: Eric Schwortz / Getty[/caption]
The Ohio House has passed the controversial “Stand Your Ground” bill Wednesday by a vote of 64-26. This is the same law that became well known in household across America after the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
House Bill 228 allows people to use deadly force in self-defense without having to retreat. Those who support the bill say it will allow Ohioans to not have to worry about the burden of proof of self-defense in a court of law. Those against the bill believe the new law gives people less incentive to de-escalate a situation before resorting to violence.
In addition, the bill also eliminates the need for K-12 schools, airports and other public locations to post gun-free zones and reduce certain concealed handgun violations to minor misdemeanors. There are 25 states who currently have stand your gun laws.
- Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ Stuns With Huge $23 Million Thursday (Box Office)
- Rapper Tay-K Found Guilty Of Murder
- New Study Shows Michelle Obama Is The Most Admired Woman In The World…Duh
- Angela Bassett, Patricia Arquette & Felicity Huffman Star In Netflix’s ‘Otherhood’
- After Nearly Five Years, Chicago Finally Fires Four For Cops Who Reportedly Covered Up LaQuan McDonald Shooting
- Eddie Murphy Says Sammy Davis Jr, Revealed He Worshipped The Devil
- Central Ohio Baby Makes Model Debut For Huggies
- Trey Songz Speaks On Women Getting Lip Injections
- New Medical Study Reveals “Broken Heart Syndrome” May Be Linked To Cancer!
- 5 Local Community Centers Will Help Beat The Heat This Weekend!