Ain’t nothing like a good sweet potato pie recipe like your grandma used to make! But if your grandma was like every old school grandma, she didn’t really have a recipe because she had skills like that!
So we wrote our recipe down for Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe for you enjoy and share with your entire family!
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 small can (5 ounces, about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 prepared pie shells, unbaked
Mix butter, potatoes, sugar and evaporated milk until well blended. Add vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into the prepared pie shells. Bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour, until set.
Makes 2 pies.
- Billie Ellish Tells All Live Matters Supporters to STFU
- Killer Mike has an Emotional Message for the City of Atlanta After Violent Protest
- Ab Workouts to Get You Up and Moving
- Congresswoman Joyce Beatty & City Council President Hardin Maced During Protest!!
- Beyonce Demands More Charges To Officers Involved In George Floyd’s Death
- Protestors Gather Again In Columbus, City Declares Emergency
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Jackie Aina Calls Out Fashion Nova & PLT Over Their Silence On Social Injustice
- Report: Derek Chauvin, Ex-Minneapolis Cop At Center Of George Floyd’s Death, Arrested
- Police Officer Derek Chauvin Has Been Arrested Days After George Floyd’s Fatal Arrest