Just months after retiring, the family of Jungle Jack Hanna has announced that the animal enthusiast has been diagnosed with dementia. The announcement came in a letter on social media, “Today, we reach out to share some personal Hanna Family news. Doctors have diagnosed our dad, Jack Hanna, with dementia, now believed to be Alzheimer’s disease. His condition has progressed much faster in the last few months than any of us could have anticipated. Sadly, Dad is no longer able to participate in public life as he used to, where people all over the world watched, learned and laughed alongside him.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Hanna retired from the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium after 42 years as both the director and emeritus. Hanna became known around the world for his appearances on the Tonight Show, Good Morning America, his own show Into the Wild, and many more educating many on animals bringing them for demonstrations and more.
The Hanna family is asking for privacy, and also announced that Jack would no longer make public appearances.
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Paloma Elsesser Just Pulled Aaliyah’s Roberto Cavalli Dress Out Of The Fashion Arsenal
- FDA is Recommending Pausing the Use of Johnson and Johnson Vaccine in the U.S.
- Chrisette Michele’s New Buzz Cut Makes Me Want To Grab My Clippers
- Out Of Respect For Daunte Wright And A Grieving Community, Minnesota Teams Cancel Games
- Will Smith Pulls Film Out Of Georgia, Ignoring Post-Reconstruction Era Lessons In His Docuseries ‘Amend’
- Rapper Rob Black Suggests he’s Homeless, GoFundMe Raises $16k in 48 hrs
- What We Know About Kim Potter: Cop Who Couldn’t Determine Gun From Taser After Fatally Shooting Daunte Wright
- Bob Evans is Pursuing A Liquor License in Ohio, Heres Where
- The US Will Stop the Use of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After 6 People Noticed Blood Clots
- Is Dwayne Johnson Open to White House Run? New Polls Shows High Favorability
Jungle Jack Hanna Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com