27-year-old Columbus Ohio rapper Boog The Bandit was shot and killed on the east side. Boog’s government name was Courtney Bruce.
According to reports from the Columbus Police, Boog was in a car with 25-year-old Cameron Lockhart on 3700 block of Dort Place located on the east side of Columbus north of East Livingston Avenue and Beechwood Road. The two were in the car when they were reportedly surrounded by men, shots were fired and an altercation took place. Lockhart drove Boog to Mt. Carmel East hospital and arriving at 6:09 PM. Boog was pronounced dead two minutes later.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Boog was a rising rapper and recently went viral several times with her song “Heart Away,” “Hot Topic” and “Risky” on Youtube. Hours before her murder she posted on social media about her latest music and was said to be working on a collaboration with Ohio rapper Trippie Redd
Boog is the 75th homicide in Columbus, in what is trending to be an extremely violent year in the city. If you have any information on the murder please contact Columbus Police Homicide Unit at 614-645-4730 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-8477.
- Enter to Win a Shopping Spree from Gucci Mane
- WATCH: Music Business Mondays with Juicy J
- Kodak Black Receives Backlash for Kobe Themed Birthday Celebration
- Gabrielle Union, Dwayne Wade to Launch Proudly, Skin Care for Kids of Color
- OSU to make Decision on Senate Bill 187, Players Making Money Off their Name
- Police Investigating a Shooting near downtown Columbus
- 2021 BET Awards Will Commemorate DMX’s Legacy In Special Tribute Curated By Swizz Beatz
- We Did It Joe: Showtime Renews ‘Ziwe’ For Its Biggest Season Yet
- Whew Chile: Michael B. Jordan’s New Business Venture Has The Caribbean Community UPSET
- Black Music Month: Stevie Wonder Received His First No. 1 US Single At 13 Years Old
- Hip Hop Spot: Bobby Shmurda & Lil Baby Are Giving Back To Their Communities
- Candace Owens Charged $30K For Republican Speaking Gig She Abruptly Reneged On: Report