An arrest has been made in the murder of 26-year-old Courtney Bruce known to many as Boog The Bandit. 22-year-old Kyson Murphy is being held at the Franklin County Jail after being arrested and charged with murder and aggravated robbery of Bruce.
Boog was murdered on the East side of Columbus while sitting in a car with her friend 25-year-old Cameron Lockhart while on 3700 block of Dort Place located. The two were in the car when they were reportedly surrounded by men, police say shots were fired into the car that killed Boog. Lockhart drove Boog to Mt. Carmel East hospital and arriving at 6:09 PM. Boog was pronounced dead minutes later.
Boog was a rising rapper and recently went viral several times with her song “Heart Away,” “Hot Topic” and “Risky” on Youtube. Hours before her murder she posted on social media about her latest music and was said to be working on a collaboration with Ohio rapper Trippie Redd
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Tickets to The Ohio Black Expo Riverfront Culture Fest
- Jay-Z to Perform at Grammys With DJ Khaled and Lil Wayne
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- Legend Making Legends: John Singleton Empowered Ice Cube So He Could Do The Same For Others
- Teyana Taylor Gave Off Sexy-Cool Vibes At A Pre-Grammy Party In An Oversized Amiri Coat
- Urban One Inc’s Reach Media Announces R&B Superstar Ralph Tresvant of New Edition as Host of “Love and R&B”
- Rapper 2 Chainz’ lounge-style restaurant makes its Columbus debut
- Shake Shack opening seventh Ohio location
- Listen to The Amanda Seals Show and Win Lil Wayne Tickets
- Anika Kai Gives Us A First Look At Morphe’s Ultralavender Collection
- RIP Brandon Smiley: Funeral Plans Revealed For Rickey Smiley’s Oldest Son