Happy Fathers Day!! Continue celebrating by checking out these fun and interesting Fathers Day Facts!
- There are 64.3 million estimated number of fathers across the nation.
- The necktie is the most common and famous Father’s Day gift.
- The first Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19 1910 in Spokane, Washington USA.
- Father’s Day was supported by President Calvin Coolidge in 1924.
- 1.8 million is the number of single fathers in 2008. Currently, among single parents living with their children, 16 percent are men.
- In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson declared the 3rd Sunday of June as Father’s Day with a presidential proclamation.
Also On Power 107.5: