Former talk show host Rosie O’Donnell, 50, recently suffered from a heart attack. With the help of Bayer aspirin she was able to cut the severity of her symptoms. O’Donnell is now resting comfortably at her home and feeling “very, very lucky” after this incident.
Heart Disease Prevention: Quick Lifesaving Tips
– Eat a healthy diet: Eating foods low in saturated fat and cholesterol and high in fiber can help prevent high blood cholesterol. Limiting salt or sodium in your diet can also lower your blood pressure.
– Maintain a healthy weight: To determine whether your weight is in a healthy range, doctors often calculate a number called the body mass index (BMI).
– Exercise regularly: The Surgeon General recommends that adults should engage in moderate-intensity exercise for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
– Don’t smoke: If you don’t smoke, don’t start. If you do smoke, quitting will lower your risk for heart disease.
– Limit alcohol use: Avoid drinking too much alcohol, which causes high blood pressure.