Veronica Lighty, widow of Violator Records founder Chris Lighty, says that her husband did not kill himself over any marital issues or debt problems.
“My husband was too smart of a man. He was a genius. No smart man is going to leave his children for fighting with his wife,” she told the Daily News in her first public comments since the founder and chief of Violator Management took his life Thursday morning. “That makes absolutely no sense.”
Lighty’s death was ruled a suicide and speculation was made that IRS debt and an argument with his estranged wife were the motive. However, Mrs. Lighty contests that the two were not separating and that profits from a home sale had erased most of his debt.
“I had filed for divorce last year, but retracted it” two days before Father’s Day, she said. “That was my gift to him.”
- Kanye West Raps About Kim K’s Sex Tape
- Chad Johnson Tattoos Evelyn’s Face On His Leg!
- Griselda Blanco theGodmother of Colombian cocaine dies in a bloody gunfight
- Michael Clarke Duncan Said Omarosa Was “The Perfect Woman” For Him [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Meek Mill Performs At Made In America Festival [VIDEO]
Chris Lighty’s Widow Denies Reports Of Marital Strife was originally published on theurbandaily.com