According to Radio Caracol and two newspapers, El Espectador and El Tiempo, two gunmen on motorcycles unleashed a fatal hail of gunfire as she walked out of a butcher shop in Medellin, her hometown.
“It’s surprising to all of us that she had not been killed sooner because she made a lot of enemies,” former Miami homicide detective Nelson Andreu, who investigated her, said late Monday. “When you kill so many and hurt so many people like she did, it’s only a matter of time before they find you and try to even the score.”
Blanco was arrested in 1985 in a cocaine trafficking case in New York, and she was released in 1998 to Florida authorities. She pleaded no contest in October 1998 to three counts of second-degree murder.
Police estimated she was involved in at least 40 homicides between Miami and New York. She is credited with importing to Miami the concept of the “motorcycle assassin” — killers on bikes who sprayed their victims with machine-gun bullets.
- Kanye West Raps About Kim K’s Sex Tape
- Chad Johnson Tattoos Evelyn’s Face On His Leg!
- Griselda Blanco theGodmother of Colombian cocaine dies in a bloody gunfight
- Michael Clarke Duncan Said Omarosa Was “The Perfect Woman” For Him [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Meek Mill Performs At Made In America Festival [VIDEO]