Kanye West may have found his true calling. The Chicago producer/MC gave a brief lecture to some design students at Harvard University before his Yeezus tour stop in Boston.
West was joined by Virgil Abloh, the creative director of his brand DONDA, and gave an impassioned speech about being able to build a “utopia” through design. It was the kind of rhetoric that inspires minds at institutions of higher learning across the country and the best environment for his admittedly apolitical views.
“I do believe the world can be saved through design. Everything has to be architected,” he said after inviting them all to his show. “The first DONDA employees were architects who started designing t-shirts instead of buildings. If I sit down and talk to Oprah for two hours the conversation is about self-realization and actually seeing your creativity happen in front of you…
“The reason I ‘turn up’ so much in interviews is that I’ve tasted what it means to create and be able to impact and effect in a positive way. And I know that theres’ more creativity to happen. I know there are traditionalists that hold back the good thoughts and there are people in offices that stop the creative people and are intimidated by actual good ideas and I believe a utopia is actually possible, but we’re lead by the least nobel, the least dignified, the least tasteful, the dumbest and the most political.”
The future Mrs. West was in attendance and Instagrammed the moment…
Watch a video of the clip below. We’d be surprised if Kanye wasn’t invited back to be commencement speaker after this taste, even though we wish he’d speak like himself again.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
21 Rappers Who Went To College
1. 2 Chainz, University of Alabama StateSource:Getty 1 of 20
2. Cam'ron, Texas JUCOSource:Getty 2 of 20
3. Chuck D, Adelphi UniversitySource:Getty 3 of 20
4. Common, Florida A&M UniversitySource:Getty 4 of 20
5. David Banner, Southern UniversitySource:Getty 5 of 20
6. Flavor Flav, Adelphi UniversitySource:Getty 6 of 20
7. J. Cole, St. John's UniversitySource:Getty 7 of 20
8. Kanye West, Chicago State UniversitySource:Getty 8 of 20
9. Lil Romeo, University of Southern CaliforniaSource:Getty 9 of 20
10. Lil Wayne, University of HoustonSource:Getty 10 of 20
11. Ludacris, Georgia State UniversitySource:Getty 11 of 20
12. Master P, University of HoustonSource:Getty 12 of 20
13. M.I.A, Central Saint Martin's College of Art + DesignSource:Getty 13 of 20
14. Diddy, Howard UniversitySource:Getty 14 of 20
15. Paul Wall, University of HoustonSource:Getty 15 of 20
16. Plies, University of Central FloridaSource:Getty 16 of 20
17. Rah Digga, New Jersey Institute of TechnologySource:Getty 17 of 20
18. Stalley, University of MichiganSource:Getty 18 of 20
19. Talib Kweli, New York UniversitySource:Getty 19 of 20
20. Wale, Bowie StateSource:Getty 20 of 20
Kanye West Speaks To Design Students At Harvard [VIDEO] was originally published on theurbandaily.com