Reuters reports that a federal judge will hear arguments on Monday about whether to prevent Trump’s latest attempt to dismantle Obamacare.
According to the news outlet, Democratic attorneys general from 18 states plus the District of Columbia sued the federal government over Trump’s plan to halt payments that subsidize health care policies for people who cannot afford to pay for health insurance.
The plaintiffs will tell U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria that Trump’s move would destabilize health insurance markets and increase the uninsured rate.
Democrats say that Trump has been sabotaging Obamacare since he came into office, as Republican lawmakers fail repeatedly to replace the health care law with something better.
In the last months of Obama’s presidency, the uninsured rate plummeted to a record low of 10.9 percent. It’s now at 12.3 percent under Trump.
The survey found that people who purchase their own health insurance policies, including those found on Obamacare exchanges, represent the largest segment of consumers who are now uninsured.
Chhabria is expected to announce his ruling shortly after hearing arguments, Reuters reported. However, the appeals process will likely drag out a final court decision on Trump’s cuts.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Federal Judge Considers Halting Trump’s Latest Attempt To Dismantle Obamacare was originally published on newsone.com