Authorities on site at Santa Fe High School in Dickinson ISD have confirmed that at least eight people were shot and killed following a school shooting. The suspect, a student who has not been identified, is currently in custody according to assistant principal Cris Richardson. Students were evacuated from the high school and taken to Alamo Gym, located on Hwy 6.
This is the third school shooting in the past seven days and the 22nd in the United States since the beginning of the year.
The entire school district is on lockdown, district officials said.
Santa Fe is a city of about 13,000 people roughly 20 miles northwest of Galveston and 30 miles southeast of Houston.
The high school has about 1,400 students, according to GreatSchools.org. We’ll update this story as it develops.
- LaQuan Smith Styled Me For My First Art Basel Experience
- Lawsuit Alleges VA Has Denied Black Veteran’s Disability Claims Disproportionately For Decades
- Cardi B Displayed Her Curvy Frame In A Vintage Colorblock Hervé Léger Dress
- Sabrina Elba Ate In A Show-Stopping Off-White Gown
- Crew announce Wilfried Nancy as new head coach
- Columbus limits guns, objects to liquor licenses
- Columbus police chief responds after officer seen high-fiving Proud Boy
- Shanquella Robinson: Here’s What We Know So Far About The 25-Year-Old’s Mysterious Death
- Justice Alito Jokes About Black Children In KKK Costumes During Hearing On Discrimination. It Wasn’t Funny
- Mashonda Tifrere Is Taking Up Space in the Art World In More Ways Than One
At Least 8 Reported Dead In School Shooting At Texas High School was originally published on theboxhouston.com