Summer has finally arrived and that means tons of water fun! In an effort to maintain everyone’s safety this and every swim season, Zoombezi Bay has joined forces with the world’s top water safety and training organizations to host the World’s Largest Swimming Lesson!
Thursday, June 20th from 10 – 10:30 a.m. is your chance to join in on the biggest water safety lesson in the world inside the Wild Tides Wave Pool at Zoombezi Bay!
Zoombezi Bay is just one of hundreds of locations in more than 20 countries on five continents that will simultaneously offer a basic, 30-minute swimming instruction for children ages 2 through 12 years old at 10 a.m. The attendance at Zoombezi Bay will be combined with all other participating aquatic facilities in an attempt to collectively break the Guinness World Record! The goal is to reach one billion people with the message “swimming lessons save lives.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The World Health Organization is aiming to tackle a leading cause of death and a “highly preventable public health challenge.” The organization encourages a variety of interventions to prevent drowning, including teaching school-age children basic swimming skills. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, drowning is the leading cause of unintended, injury-related death for U.S. children ages 1-4 and is the second leading cause for children under 14.
The World’s Largest Swimming Lesson’s have been in operation for 10 years now and more than 278,000 children and adults have participated in the program. This will mark the 7th year that Zoombezi Bay has participated and they are proud to have helped the organization break the world record every year!
To encourage participation, Zoombezi Bay is offering participants a discounted entry of $10, which includes access to the entire water park following the lesson as well as Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. The lesson is free for season pass holders. As part of the swim lesson plan, all ratios will comply with American Red Cross standards, and parents will be allowed to accompany their children in the wave pool. The lesson will be basic in nature and will be broken down into 4- to 10-minute sessions.
Registration begins at the Zoombezi Bay Season Pass entrance at 9:30 a.m. on June 20th, 2019. For more information, pre-registration or to purchase tickets, visit the Calendar Page on Zoombezi Bay’s website.
Source: Zoombezi Bay
- FREE HER, 42 Dugg and DaBaby Offer to Pay Woman Bail, Who Killed her Brother Murderer
- Gov. DeWine Orders Curfew to Stay in Affect Pass Jan 23rd
- Jay-Z Creates $10 Million Fund To Help Increase Minority-Owned Cannabis Companies!
- No, Tory Lanez’ Felony Assault Charges Didn’t Get Dropped In Megan Thee Stallion Case
- Viral Sensation DJ Amorphous Lands Huge Placement On Fat Joe’s New Single “Sunshine”
- Get It Right, Get It Tight: Tiffany Haddish Shows Off Her 30-Day Body Transformation
- WATCH:: Pop Smoke Appears In Official New Movie Trailer!
- Joe Exotic Says He Was “Too Gay” To Receive Trump Pardon
- Amanda Bynes Just Drop her Rap Single Diamonds
- Gun Shops in Columbus Reporting Shortages as Sales Continue to Increase!