Ohio State Football has taken another hit to their season as several players and head coach Ryan Day have been diagnosed with COVID-19 causing them to cancel their game against Illinois.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The news first broke about Ryan Day testing positive the day after Thanksgiving, with news about players’ positive test later in the day. No official word of how many players have tested positive and who exactly they are. The BIG 10 states that if any team’s positivity rate goes above 7.5% a game must be canceled. Players must quarantine for 21 days. Ryan Day will have to have at least 10 days of isolation.
“The health, safety, and well-being of our student-athlete is our main concern, and our decisions on their welfare will continue to be guided by our medical staff.” – Director of Athletics Gene Smith
This is the second Buckeye game this season to be canceled due to COVID-19. The Buckeyes missed a game earlier in November when Maryland canceled due to several positive COVID tests within their organization. The Buckeyes must play six games to be eligible to play in the Big 10 title championship. Due to the shortened season, Ohio State cannot miss another game in order to stay eligible for the championship. Ohio State’s next game will be against that Michigan State on Saturday, December 5th.
- Minnesota White Man Stalks Interracial Couple Then Rams A Stolen SUV Into Their Home
- A ‘House Party’ Reboot Starring ‘The Chi’ Actor Jacob Latimore In The Works
- Say It Ain’t So: Millennials Are Saddened That ‘Arthur’ Has Been Canceled After 25 Seasons
- Billy Porter’s New Collection With Jimmy Choo Goes Up To A Size 12!
- Joseline Hernandez Cuts Her Hair, Debuts Curly Blonde Do
- Rihanna Makes Denim Panties A Look During Her Date With A$AP Rocky
- The ‘Mecca’ Is A Mirage: Police Brutality Shows Atlanta Is A Tale Of Two Cities For Black People
- DaBaby’s New Video Addresses Controversy & Homophobic Comments
- Young Thug Taps Inner Rock Star with ‘Tiny Desk’ Performance
- Styles P “Order in The Court,” Curren$y “Member’s Only” & More | Daily Visuals 7.28.21