A day of fun turned to tragedy as a woman who lost consciousness aboard a roller coaster at an Indiana theme park later died at a hospital.
The tragic scene unfolded on a Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari roller coaster Friday (June 4). The Indiana amusement and water park said an emergency crew arrived at the Voyage coaster three minutes after 47-year-old Dawn R. Jankovic, of Brunswick, Ohio, was discovered in her seat at the conclusion of the ride.
In a report by Fox8, Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck said Jankovic died later that evening at a hospital in Jasper, Indiana.
On the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Facebook page, a statement was posted about the incident.
“A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.” The statement read. “The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite.”
- Enter to Win a Shopping Spree from Gucci Mane
- WATCH: Music Business Mondays with Juicy J
- TRIED IT: The Il MAKIAGE X Carli Bybel Moonstruck Face Palette Gave My Skin A Natural Glow
- Tiffany Haddish Doesn’t Wear Her Bonnet At The Airport: ‘It’s About Respecting Yourself’
- It Won’t Stop: Chris Brown, Once Again, Accused Of Assaulting Woman Who Says He Smacked Her Weave Off
- SMH: ‘Juneteenth’ Video Shows People Twerking On Ambulance Responding To Deadly Mass Shooting
- T-Pain Says He Became Depressed After Usher Told Him He ‘F**ked Up Music’
- Join The Power Text Club
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Lil Baby and Lil Durk Announce ‘Back Outside’ Tour
- Gabrielle Union And Dwayne Wade Are Giving Stylish Power Couple Vibes On Instagram
- Black Music Month: The City of Atlanta Introduced The Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame
- Tessica Brown Launches Hair Care Line, Makes $25k In Days
The Magic of Josephine Baker & 10 Black Women Who Changed Hollywood Forever
1. BeyoncéSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Hattie McDanielSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lauryn HillSource:Live Nation 3 of 10
4. Whitney Houston4 of 10
5. RihannaSource:Courtesy Of Paper Magazine/Photography By Sebastian Faena 5 of 10
6. Viola DavisSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ava DuVernay7 of 10
8. Oprah Winfrey8 of 10
9. Eartha Kitt9 of 10
10. Dorothy Dandridge10 of 10
Ohio Woman Dies After Passing Out On Roller Coaster was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com