Check out the Columbus Short, all things fun, free, and family in the 614!
The NHL Allstar game is 1/24, and the Arena District is popping with things to do!
The Columbus Blue Jackets want everyone to know that the 2015 NHL All-Star Weekend is more than just the game at Nationwide Arena on January 25. In fact, there will be plenty of events outside of Nationwide Arena in the surrounding areas of the Arena District. Everyone is encouraged to participate, even if you don’t have tickets for the Skills Competition or Game itself. You can find out more by clicking HERE. The following is a list of fun activities you can participate in for All-Star Weekend:
- The Columbus Blue Jackets All-Star Winter Park across the street from Nationwide Arena will have an NHL-sized rink with 500 bleacher seats, skate rental and four heated locker rooms. The park will be open Jan. 16-25.
- There will be more than 50 hours of public skating plus private events and youth hockey games, said Larry Hoepfner, Blue Jackets executive vice president of business operations. See the progress on the construction of the ice rink HERE.
- A 34-foot high and 85-foot wide snow slide stretching 175 feet along Nationwide Boulevard next to the arena will be in use Jan. 22-25. The slide will have three lanes and starting points at various heights.
- There will a “Hockey House” in the park in the days prior to the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game that will feature food, beverages and live music. Adjacent to that will be the “Kids Zone” with family-friendly activities including a replica of the Blue Jackets locker room. Both tents will be heated and there will be outdoor fire pits. See plans HERE.
- A 5-kilomoter run/walk will be held Jan. 24 beginning at Nationwide Arena. There is a limit of 4,000 participants and Hoepfner said 1,300 have already registered. Click HERE to register now!
- The Greater Columbus Convention Center will be site of the 2015 NHL Fan Fair from Jan. 22-25 with more than 200,000 square feet of displays and interactive activities. Buy advanced tickets for $12 and save $4. Click HERE to purchase.
- Nationwide Boulevard in and around the arena will be illuminated by more than 350,000 LED lights on 176 trees from Jan. 15-25.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation will host a party Jan. 22 to benefit the fight against pediatric cancer.
Get more at ArenaDistrict!