Ohio has agreed to pay a central Ohio man $110,000 because a judge refused to release him from prison.
The man, Frank Davis, was convicted in 1999 when police found 3 pounds of cocaine in his home during a search. However, his conviction was overturned in appeals court due to the search warrant being defective.
Clark County Common Pleas Judge Douglas Rastatter refused to release Davis and was eventually forced to do so by the appeals court. Now the state will have to reimburse Davis for having him wrongfully incarcerated for 192 days.
The state’s Controlling Board is expected to vote Monday on the settlement.
Folks Jailed While Zimmerman Walks Free
1. Lauryn Hill is currently serving jail time for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)1 of 9
2. Michael Vick served time for dog fighting. (Photo: PRPhotos)2 of 9
3. In 2007, Lil Wayne was jailed for smoking marijuana and for possession of a pistol outside his tour bus. (Photo: AP)3 of 9
4. Rapper Ja Rule was jailed for possession of a weapon and tax evasion. (Photo: AP)4 of 9
5. Wesley Snipes was jailed for failing to file federal income tax returns.5 of 9
6. Singer Ron Isley was jailed for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)6 of 9
7. Lil Kim served time for three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy related to a shooting outside a Manhattan studio. No one was injured.7 of 9
8. Martin Luther King, Jr. was jailed several times for peacefully protesting during the Civil Rights Movement. (Photo: AP)8 of 9
9. Domestic abuse victim Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 for firing two warning shots into a wall. (Photo: Hellobeautiful)9 of 9