As a handful of Democrats lead the call for President Donald Trump’s impeachment, Republicans know that removing the president is not a total fantasy.
“Donald Trump is the most dishonorable and despicable human being to ever serve in the office of the president,” Waters said, urging the women to take leadership roles in the resistance movement. “This is a man with no good values, no good intentions and no good respect.”
Waters, who has an ongoing feud with Trump and members of his administration, was the keynote speaker at the three-day gathering, organized by the leaders of January’s Women’s March in the District of Columbia.
An effort to remove Trump from office is already underway. On Oct. 11, Democratic Texas Rep. Al Green took to the House floor to file Articles of Impeachment.
Impeachment is unlikely while the Republicans control the House and Senate. But the tide could turn if Democrats seize the House and mainstream conservatives continue to question Trump’s fitness for office.
“If we fail on taxes that’s the end of the Republican Party’s governing majority in 2018…I can’t imagine how he (President Trump) could be successful with Nancy Pelosi running the House, they’d try to impeach him pretty quick,” Graham said.
GOP strategist Alex Conant, who served in George W. Bush’s White House when Democrats took control of Congress in 2006, told CNN that Trump is contributing to his own demise ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.
“The number one thing Trump should be doing to save his presidency is helping congressional Republicans maintain their majorities,” Conant said. “Instead he’s allowing his allies like Steve Bannon to really undermine Republican reelection campaigns. It’s just reckless and politically naive considering how devastating it would be to his presidency.”
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Maxine Waters’ Call At Women’s Convention For Trump Impeachment Not Far Fetched was originally published on newsone.com