Missy Elliott made her solo debut in 1997 in the entertainment industry. Since then she has been successful in producing music, making unbelievably great videos and changing music culture. According to The Source, Essence recently made an announcement that they are honoring Elliott for all of her work in the industry.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She will receive their 2018 “Black Women In Music” award. The show will take place at the Highline Ballroom in New York City on January 25th. Over the past several years Essence has praised women in the industry and all they have done.
Missy’s debut album “Supa Dupa Fly” had several singles and made fans fall in love with her and continued to make several other albums. She is known for helping the late Aaliyah with her career before she passed. Missy is influential and congratulations to her on receiving this honor.
- Sunken Place ‘Activists’ Are Whining That Detroit School May Remove Ben Carson’s Name
- Skip Salmonella: 7 Vegan Meal Ideas For A Very Vegan Thanksgiving
- Kanye West Donated Money To The Family Of Jemel Roberson
- The National Struggle For Effective Community Oversight Of Police Comes To Nashville
Missy Elliott Wins The Super Bowl
1. Missy Elliott Wins The Super Bowl1 of 8
2. Missy Be Putting It Down…2 of 8
3. Katy Perry & Missy Elliott3 of 8
4. Missy & Her Dancers4 of 8
5. Missy Steals The Show5 of 8
6. Move Over Katy6 of 8
7. That Will Be Enough Katy…7 of 8
8. Girls Just Want To Have Fun…8 of 8
Missy Elliott To Be Honored At Essence 2018 “Black Women In Music” Awards was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com