Tattoos don’t have to be forever!
Just ask Mel B who recently took ink removal to a whole other level. The former Spice Girl cut out of a chunk out of one of her tats that spelled out her ex-husband’s name.
According to PEOPLE, the body art was a tribute to Stephen Belafonte, and had the words, “Stephen, till death do us part you own my heart” tattooed down her side. Apparently, she had a surgeon perform the cutting, who finished off the job with 13 stitches.
Brown will now need a laser to minimize the incision scar.
It’s not a secret that Mel and Stephen had a tumultuous marriage. The America’s Got Talent judge claims that over the ten years they were together, she was abused, drugged and forced into a sexual relationship with their nanny.
“I wanted the tattoo removed to help close the final chapter on a toxic relationship,” Brown said.
“Even though I’ve taken the steps to remove Stephen’s name from my body, the domestic abuse will forever remain with me.”
A judge finalized their divorce on December 15 some 8 months after Mel B filed the papers. The two will share custody of their 6-year-old daughter Madison and split the profits from the sale of their Los Angeles home.
We hope now that Mel can finally feel free of that man!
Celebrity Ink: Tattooed Lovers
1. Apryl Jones and Omarion1 of 18
2. Kylie and Tyga2 of 18
3. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom3 of 18
4. LaShontae Heckard and Brandon Jennings4 of 18
5. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon5 of 18
6. Eddie Murphy and Melanie Brown6 of 18
7. Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie7 of 18
8. Keyshia Cole and Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson8 of 18
9. Heidi Klum and Seal9 of 18
10. Tony Parker and Eva Longoria10 of 18
11. Nas and Kelis11 of 18
12. Chris Brown and Rihanna12 of 18
13. Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupree13 of 18
14. Jay Z and Beyonce14 of 18
15. Kenyon Martin and Trina15 of 18
16. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey16 of 18
17. Lauren London and Wayne17 of 18
18. Wiz Kalfah and Amber Rose18 of 18
Mel B Cuts Her Ex-Husband’s Name From Her Body In Extreme Tattoo Removal was originally published on hellobeautiful.com