Lil Uzi Vert’s latest tentative album cover was reportedly inspired by “Heaven’s Gate,” an old religious cult that had 39 people commit suicide in the 90’s and now it looks like the cult who inspired him is not happy with him.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to Complex, a representative for the remaining cult members stated that Uzi is infringing on their copyright and they are seeking appropriate legal action.
“He is using and adapting our copyrights and trademarks without our permission and the infringement will be taken up with our attorneys. This is not fair use or parody, it [is] a direct and clear infringement,” said the rep.
Uzi has yet to respond to the cult’s recent response and he has not taken down the photos he posted of Instagram of his tentative album cover.
Star Transformation: Nicki Minaj
1. BET Awards ’10 – ShowSource: 1 of 9
2. BET Awards ’10 – ShowSource: 2 of 9
3. 2010 American Music Awards – Red CarpetSource: 3 of 9
4. Rapper Nicki Minaj arrives for the 53rdSource: 4 of 9
5. Lil Wayne In Concert – Los Angeles, CaliforniaSource: 5 of 9
6. Samsung Infuse 4G Launch Event Featuring Nicki Minaj – ArrivalsSource: 6 of 9
7. 2011 Billboard Music Awards – ArrivalsSource: 7 of 9
8. 2011 MTV Video Music Awards – Press RoomSource: 8 of 9
9. Oscar De La Renta – Front Row – Spring 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion WeekSource: 9 of 9
- City of Columbus Launches “We Rise Together” Tee with Homage for Scholarship
- Happy Birthday, Dance Legend: Debbie Allen Keeps Dance Alive For 68 Years
- 16 Sultry Sade Tracks Perfect For The Winter
- Mompreneur Melissa Dewgard Created My Melanin Fits To Celebrate The Culture. Period.
- Biden Calls For Bold Rescue Plan To Tackle Economy
Why Lil Uzi Vert Is Being Sued By Heaven’s Gate Cult Members [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com