What in the world is what most people were thinking when they saw Cardi B hit the red carpet at the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards. But to all of the fashion enthusiast around the world, we grasped our pearls and praised Cardi for stunting on everyone once again
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
How was Cardi stunting on the red carpet? Cardi wore vintage French designer Thierry Mugler’s 1995 – 1996 fall/winter couture collection. Mugler is a costume designer that has worked with the biggest stars over the years like Beyonce, Madonna, Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Jennifer Lopez and more.
Mugler designed the gown as a nod to Botticelli’s iconic Birth of Venus painting to resemble an open clam and Cardi B is the pearl inside. So for all of you that were wondering what Cardi was doing on the GRAMMYS red carpet… she was having couture fashion iconic moment.
View this post on Instagram
“Totally Gracefull Lady. And more than a great Actress, a stunning Personna” @manfredthierrymugler about @simonettagianfelici – thank you @voguemagazine #Repost @voguemagazine ・・・ Simonetta Gianfelici's life in fashion began unexpectedly, in 1981, when a professor asked if she would pose.Thirty-seven years after her first shoot, Gianfelici is still working as a model, but the lion’s share of her time is devoted to scouting and supporting young talent, both in Italy and Africa. We caught up with the peripatetic blonde in Rome, to talk about fashion then and now. "I’ve been a muse to Thierry Mugler and Vivienne Westwood. I think what Thierry really appreciated my power body and my soul, so fragile and so pure, that mix." Tap the link in our bio for more from Simonetta Gianfelici. #couturissime
Cardi also wore Mugler during her performance of Money on the GRAMMY stage. This look that reminded many of a nod to Josephine Baker came from Mugler’s 1995 20th anniversary collection. All of Cardi’s looks were styled by her go to stylist Kollin Carter. He has been responsible for many of her head turning looks.
View this post on Instagram
✨🔥✨ “New stage beast and most natural beauty. Love you @iamcardib !!” 💗💗💗 wearing my 1995 20th anniversary dress Styled by @kollincarter ✨💪🏻✨ #grammys #cardib #muglerarchives #thierrymuglerarchives #mugler #thierrymugler #manfredthierrymugler @kollincarter @muglerofficial
- #MambaForLife: A Look Back At Kobe Bryant’s Most Fun, Off-Court Moments We Forgot About
- Counterfeit $100 Bills Circulating In Chillicothe
- Diddy Demands Changes For Grammys
- Happy Birthday Anita Baker! Young People Appreciate The Queen Of Soul Too
- Ground Beef Recalled For Plastic Contamination
- LeBron Passes Kobe For 3rd Place On NBA All-Time Scoring List
- Robbery Suspect Dies After Being Shot By Columbus Police
- YG Arrested on Robbery Charges Prior To Grammys
- Amber Rose Shares She Had Liposuction & Lost 40 Pounds Since Giving Birth
- VIDEO: Meek Mill Gets Into Confrontation With Nicki Minaj & Kenneth Petty