Jussie Smollett was released late in the afternoon February 21st after turning himself in to authorities around 5am that same morning.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Smollett was charged with felony disorderly conduct charge for filing a false police report. In the report, Smollett claimed he was attacked by two men who yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him and alleging the two men hung a noose around his neck. After an investigation, The Chicago Police determined that he allegedly paid two men to stage the whole attack.
Police also say wounds from his “attack” were most likely “self-inflicted.” The Chicago Police Department held a press conference where they stated that Smollett staged the attack because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” and wanted to raise his profile.
Smollett posted bond at $10,000 and is due back in court on March 14, when he will enter his plea. Smollett reportedly went to the set of his hit show Empire for shooting after his release.
MAGA Twitter Calls Jussie Smollett’s Attack A Hoax, Black Twitter Hits Back
1.1 of 10
2.2 of 10
3.3 of 10
4.4 of 10
5.5 of 10
6.6 of 10
7.7 of 10
8.8 of 10
9.9 of 10
10.10 of 10
- Yas Kween: 15 Times Lupita Nyong’o Looked Like A Real Life Barbie Doll
- Body Found Identified As Missing Activist
- 3 Teens Injured in Shooting at Southeast Columbus Laundromat
- Jordan Peele’s “Us” expected to gross $68M in opening weekend
- Pastor Dr. Charles E. Booth of Mt. Olivet Baptist Church Passes Away
- South High Boys Basketball team falls short in Division II State Final
- Harvest Prep Wins 1st Division III State Title [VIDEO]
- Columbus Police Recover Body from Scioto River
- Governor DeWine Proposes to Raise Smoking Age
- Mother & Daughter Pilot Side by Side
WATCH: Jussie Smollett Released on Bond Encounters Aggressive Media Outside Courthouse was originally published on wiznation.com