Jussie Smollett was released late in the afternoon February 21st after turning himself in to authorities around 5am that same morning.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Smollett was charged with felony disorderly conduct charge for filing a false police report. In the report, Smollett claimed he was attacked by two men who yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him and alleging the two men hung a noose around his neck. After an investigation, The Chicago Police determined that he allegedly paid two men to stage the whole attack.
Police also say wounds from his “attack” were most likely “self-inflicted.” The Chicago Police Department held a press conference where they stated that Smollett staged the attack because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” and wanted to raise his profile.
Smollett posted bond at $10,000 and is due back in court on March 14, when he will enter his plea. Smollett reportedly went to the set of his hit show Empire for shooting after his release.
MAGA Twitter Calls Jussie Smollett’s Attack A Hoax, Black Twitter Hits Back
1.1 of 10
2.2 of 10
3.3 of 10
4.4 of 10
5.5 of 10
6.6 of 10
7.7 of 10
8.8 of 10
9.9 of 10
10.10 of 10
- #PowerPlayOfTheWeek: Wale feat Jeremih “On Chill”
- Buckeyes name Justin Fields starting QB; Presason Polls ranks OSU No. 5
- Behind The Scenes: Gabrielle Union Will Take On Interracial Relationship In Upcoming Rom-Com
- Snoop Dogg’s Top 5 Rappers List , You Will Never Guess Who Gave The #1 Spot Too And Who He Left Off The List
- What They Really Want: The DMX Challenge Has Folks Drooling Over Black Women’s Beauty
- Superintendent Dr. Dixon Sets Goals For Upcoming School Year
- R. Kelly STILL NASTY!!! Feds Accuse Singer Of Spreading Herpes
- ‘We Have Medicine:’ Brothers In Jussie Smollett Case Back In Nigeria Offering ‘Love And Good Energy’
- Natural Vibes: Meg Thee Stallion Shows Off Her Textured Tresses
- Lizzo , Justin Timberlake and Meek Mill in studio
WATCH: Jussie Smollett Released on Bond Encounters Aggressive Media Outside Courthouse was originally published on wiznation.com