Jussie Smollett was released late in the afternoon February 21st after turning himself in to authorities around 5am that same morning.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Smollett was charged with felony disorderly conduct charge for filing a false police report. In the report, Smollett claimed he was attacked by two men who yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him and alleging the two men hung a noose around his neck. After an investigation, The Chicago Police determined that he allegedly paid two men to stage the whole attack.
Police also say wounds from his “attack” were most likely “self-inflicted.” The Chicago Police Department held a press conference where they stated that Smollett staged the attack because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” and wanted to raise his profile.
Smollett posted bond at $10,000 and is due back in court on March 14, when he will enter his plea. Smollett reportedly went to the set of his hit show Empire for shooting after his release.
MAGA Twitter Calls Jussie Smollett’s Attack A Hoax, Black Twitter Hits Back
1.1 of 10
2.2 of 10
3.3 of 10
4.4 of 10
5.5 of 10
6.6 of 10
7.7 of 10
8.8 of 10
9.9 of 10
10.10 of 10
- Mississippi Police Officer Charged With Murdering A 32-Year-Old Black Mother
- Brooklyn Honors The Late Notorious B.I.G!!
- Lil Mo Posts Photo On Date With New Man, No More Karl Dargan
- Boyz II Men Coming to Columbus Commons!!
- Nipsey Hussle Daughter Will Remain With The Sister And Not The Mother
- National Strawberries And Cream Day!
- Michael K Williams Tears Up Talking About A Mother’s Love & When They See Us | Extra Butter
- Yo Gotti’s Tour Bus Sprayed With Bullets After Nashville Concert
- NBA YOUNGBOY Remarks After Innocent Bystander Is Fatally Shot
- Robert F. Smith announced to Morehouse College’s class of 2019 he would eliminate the entire class’s student debt
WATCH: Jussie Smollett Released on Bond Encounters Aggressive Media Outside Courthouse was originally published on wiznation.com