By Taylor Wilkinson
On Monday, July 1, 2019, Cori “Coco” Gauff made a name for herself, after defeating the five-time champion, Venus Williams in Wimbledon. Coco was the youngest participant in the competition and is now the “12th youngest overall to play in the Wimbledon main draw since Laura Robson in 2009, but the youngest to come through qualifying.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Additionally, according to Hollywoodunlocked the victor stated, “this is the first time I ever cried after winning a match… I never thought this would happen. I don’t know how to explain it. I’m literally living my dream. Not many people get to say that.” The feeling of beating your idol is unimaginable, especially being that you worked your whole life to get on the court with her let alone beat her.
Coco, you have made an example of yourself and your community. Keep doing the d*mn thing! #BlackGirlMagic
- The Antebellum Tale Of Black Slave Girl Molly And The Haunting Of Sorrel-Weed House
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away
- Remy Ma Has Instagram In A Frenzy Over Her Curve-Hugging, Little Black Dress
- These Fluffy Balenciaga Sunglasses Are Set To Be The Next Fashion ‘Must-Haves’
- Summer Walker Responds To Criticism Over Her New Single: ‘Leave Me Alone’
- Black Atlanta Cop Involved in Violent Arrest of HBCU Students Spotted At Buckhead Secession Event
- Elderly Black Man In Need Of Medical Treatment Released From Georgia Hospital And Found Laying On The Ground Outside
- Jordyn Woods Serves Face And Body In Burgundy Cut-Out Dress
- Rapper Lil’ Durk Gushed Over Longtime Love India Royale And Her Cosmetic Line On Nicki Minaj’s IG Live
- Ciara Gifts Gabrielle Union A Fashion Box From Her LITA by Ciara Collection And It’s Everything!