I will admit that Im not campaigning about the HEAT that we have been having all Summer! It literally feels like summer, well like summer times two. According to 10tv.com we can expect for the weather to get a little bit hotter hot.
So far Ohio has had nine 90 degree days, and on the way some days will feel like its 105 degrees out. The inside temperature of a car can reach 120 degrees, so NEVER leave a child in the car.
Make you stay cool and do the following
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of fluids. Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing. Avoid dark colors as they absorb the sun’s rays.
- Slow down, stay indoors. Avoid strenuous exercise during the hottest part of the day.
- Postpone outdoor games and activities.
- Use a buddy system when working in excessive heat. Take frequent breaks if working outdoors.
- Check on family, friends and neighbors who do not have air conditioning, who spend much of their time alone or who are more likely to be affected by the heat.
- If you don’t have air conditioning, go to public spaces for relief from the heat during the warmest part of the day.
Use sunburn, and know heat exhaustion can lead to cramps, and don’t forget your PETS!