Columbus police said Thursday that they had arrested Arshad Lawson, 20, and that he was the shooter in the incident. In Delaware County, where Polaris Fashion Place is located, he is being charged with felonious assault. But police said he is being held in Franklin County on other charges.
The shooting took place Monday and was the second shooting at Polaris in March. Police said a confrontation broke out among at least three people on the lower level of the mall in the main concourse.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Regina King Dazzles In Christopher John Rogers Gown At The CDGA Awards
- Kim Potter, Ex-Minnesota Officer Will Be Charged With Second-Degree Manslaughter In Death Of Daunte Wright
- Man Arrested in Connection with Columbus Police Headquarters Breach
- Officer Injured as Protestors Tried to Break Into CPD Headquarters
- Four Columbus Juveniles Steal Elderly Lyft Drivers Car
- 3K Child Tax Credit Payments Set to Start in July
- Danielle Kwateng Is Named The New Executive Editor For Teen Vogue
- Muslim Residents In Minneapolis Area Given Exemption From Curfew During Ramadan
- Kenosha Police Revealed Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake Was Cleared For Duty Two Weeks Ago
- Waka Flocka “Snakes,” Snow Tha Product “Child Support” & More | Daily Visuals 4.13.21
Arrest Made in Second Polaris Fashion Place Shooting was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com