Pickerington School District has announced that they will be switching to a “mask optional” policy when children return from the holiday break on January 4, 2022. Why the change? Mainly because vaccines are available for all school aged children now.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In a letter the district, Superintendent Chris Briggs stated, “The health and safety of our schools and community has always been our number one priority. So, as we move forward with this mask optional implementation, we encourage all students and staff to follow proper public safety protocols, which include asking those who are not vaccinated to wear masks. We still need your help to keep everyone safe, which will not happen if safety protocols are not followed. Quarantine protocols will remain the same for vaccinated and unvaccinated students and staff, as per our current practice ”
Currently the COVID-19 vaccine is not required to attend Pickerington Schools, but it is heavily encouraged that parents get that child vaccinated. Should a parent choose to not vaccinate their child, they are asking your child still wears a mask to school to keep schools safe for all.
To read the full leader from. Superintendent Briggs click here
- Sabrina Elba Dazzles In A Gorgeous Gucci Frock At M2M’s 20th Anniversary Gala
- Astroworld Concert From Hell??
- Tessa Thompson Is Statuesque On The December/January Cover Of Ebony Magazine
- Murder charges against Jason Meade filed in death of Casey Goodson Jr.
- Here’s What You Need To Know About Jessica Watkins, The First Black Woman That Will Live On The International Space Station
- Symone Sanders Resigning As Kamala Harris’ Press Secretary Amid Reported Questions About VP’s Future
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s “Keep It To Yourself” | Episode 44
- Mary J. Blige Looked Stunning As She Dropped Gems On ‘Tamron Hall Show’: ‘I Feel Amazing’
- Hard Drive Of 2Pac’s Former Bodyguard To Be Auctioned Containing Late Rapper’s Rare Music & Photos
- Wendy Williams Spotted Leaving A Wellness Center In Miami, Says She’s ‘Doing Fabulous’
Pickerington Schools Changing Mask Policy to Optional was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com