Michael B. Jordan picked up “The Rainmaker Award” for his roles onscreen and his actions off-screen. Festival founder Barry Rivers said it “is clear that Michael is talented beyond words and more than worthy of the admiration and deep respect from anyone who loves storytelling. Michael B. Jordan is the real deal and we’re thrilled to honor him at this year’s event.” It’s a long way from The Wire, where Michael got his start in the business playing teen-aged drug dealer “Wallace.” His star has been growing since, with roles in Fruitvale Station, Fantastic Four, and his crown jewel, Creed. The Maui Film Festival takes place in Waialea from June 15-17th.
If Jay-Z was affected by Lemonade he’s doing a remarkably good job of not showing it. The Brooklyn rapper was spotted shooting the breeze with a friend in a Miami hotel. He’s expected to help kick-off his wife’s tour and is rumored to join her on stage. Everyone is still trying to figure out who “Becky with the good hair” is and Jay-Z doesn’t seem to have a care in the world. Life must be good.
Kim Kardashian West is down 70 lbs since giving birth to son Saint West. According to an Instagram post, she’s about four pounds from her goal.
“I gained a lot of weight and I have a lot to lose,” she told reporters early that morning. “This time I think weight has come off quicker than last time because I kind of learned how to eat better. Last time I worked out a little bit harder. This time I’m eating differently.”
Kim says she spends every morning working out with celebrity fitness guru Gunnar Peterson. She said hates getting up early every morning “but it’s a must.”
16 Sexy Photos Of Best Buds Ryan Coogler & Michael B. Jordan
1. That's a fine man.Source:Splash News 1 of 13
2. Natural-born ladies' men.Source:Splash News 2 of 13
3. Chocolate brown skin with the dimples.Source:Splash News 3 of 13
4. And they look good serious too.Source:Splash News 4 of 13
5. Mr. Coogler will see you now.Source:Splash News 5 of 13
6. They don't make 'em like this anymore.Source:Splash News 6 of 13
7. Are we dreaming?Source:Splash News 7 of 13
8. We've got to be dreaming.Source:Splash News 8 of 13
9. Anything for you, Michael.Source:Splash News 9 of 13
10. #BeardGang.Source:Splash News 10 of 13
11. We're lost in his eyes.Source:Splash News 11 of 13
12. God bless America.Source:Splash News 12 of 13
13. Pure hunkiness.Source:Getty 13 of 13
Michael B. Jordan At The Maui Film Festival, Jay-Z Seems Unbothered By ‘Lemonade,’ & More! was originally published on globalgrind.com