Puerto Rico is still feeling the effects and devastation that was brought on by Hurricane Maria. People there are still without electricity, clean water and most haven’t been able to work in nearly two months. According to Huffington Post, the owner of TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods are still paying their associates.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
These workers haven’t been able to go back, but are still able to receive full time paychecks. The company said, “Based on the devastating situation in Puerto Rico, we can confirm that we have continued to pay our TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods associates on the island. We believe it is the right thing for us to do under these circumstances.” Even the vice president of communications talked about the 29 stores located in Puerto Rico, but isn’t sure how many will remain closed.
A father of one of the workers spoke out in a Facebook message thanking the company for allowing income to still come into their household. Restoring power has been a long process and there has been no word on when it will come back on everywhere. In a report certain regions had power, but the delays keep happening.
- Entertainment Rundown Suge Knight Strikes Plea Deal
- Welp! ‘Love and Hip Hop’ Star Tommie Lee Sentenced To 48 Hours In Jail For DUI
- Dr. Talisa Dixon Named Columbus City Schools Superintendent
- Former NBA Player And Fellow Georgetown Prep Alum Defends Brett Kavanaugh, Kind Of
12 People Who Came To Puerto Rico’s Rescue Instead Of Trump [PHOTOS]
1. Donald Trump1 of 11
2. Pitbull2 of 11
3. Jay Z3 of 11
4. Fat Joe4 of 11
5. Beyoncé5 of 11
6. Rosie Perez6 of 11
7. Bethenny Frankel7 of 11
8. Lin-Manuel Miranda8 of 11
9. Ricky Martin9 of 11
10. Gloria Estefan & José Andrés10 of 11
11. Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez11 of 11
TJ Maxx Owner Still Paying Employees That Live In Puerto Rico was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com