With the recent success of Rihanna‘s Fenty Beauty make-up line, which was lauded for the way it provides for women of all skin tones, another surge was given to the conversation about diversity. When a fan encouraged Rihanna to include a transwoman whatever she shoots for Fenty next, Rihanna totally took the fan to school, explaining why including a “token” transwoman is not the diversity she strives for.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She shed light on her experiences working with transwomen over the years, what she has learned about the variety of needs & concerns in that community, and why token diversity casting doesn’t address them. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Watch the Future History Makers Virtual Awards Banquet 2021
- Win Extra Stimmy Cash From Power!!!
- Rep. Maxine Waters Honoring ‘The Audacity’ Of Megan The Stallion’s Single ‘WAP’
- Ex-Obama Appointee Will Investigate St. Louis Couple Who Aimed Guns At BLM Protesters
- Watch: Kirk Franklin’s Joyous ‘Tiny Desk’ In Home Concert
- Kamala Harris Addresses Vaccine Hesitancy & Florida Officials Crack Down On Spring Break [WATCH]