“Get Out” was one of the highest grossing films last year. The film was nominated in several award shows including the Golden Globes and Oscars. The star of the movie, Daniel Kaluuya, stopped by “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” to talk about the movie and how his life has changed.
According to Complex, Kaluuya said about the movie, “I feel like what Jordan articulated through his voice, his African American voice and African American perspective, he tapped into a universal black truth navigating the Western world. Where like, white people say some really weird stuff to you. White people say weird stuff. White people say weird things.” He mentioned that White people will say weird things to him like, “I saw “Get Out” three times.
Kaluuya also shared one of the most surreal moments he experienced at the Golden Globes. Denzel Washington approached him and he couldn’t believe he knew him, then Washington introduced him to Oprah. He told Colbert, “I hugged Oprah. I’m basically bulletproof . . . My credit’s great now.”
- Almost Friday Shmood: When School’s Out, Work Is Almost Done, & The Dance Crew Is Ready
- Shooketh: This Cat Just Found Out She Was Pregnant And The Puss Looks Pissed
- Morgan Freeman’s Misconduct Apology Proves Harassment Is An Everyday Thang For Some Men
- Watch: Pusha T Joins ‘The Angie Martinez Show’ To Talk All About His New Album
- Insecuri-Tea: Dro’s Real Life Girlfriend Found Out About His Baby With ‘Tasha’ Along With The Rest Of Us
- Watch: Anderson .Paak Joins ‘Desus & Mero’ And Talks About His Stash Of 75,000 Unreleased Songs
- Micah Dixon, Rapper Jacques Arrested in Atlanta for Driving 100mph!
- Micah Dixon, Cardi B, JLO, and DJ Khaled ‘Dinero’ Music Video
- Watch: Kevin Hart Is Joined By Jack Black & Chris Paul For An Unlikely Game Of Basketball
- CITY SHOW WOW Columbus man charged with raping client during massage