“Get Out” was one of the highest grossing films last year. The film was nominated in several award shows including the Golden Globes and Oscars. The star of the movie, Daniel Kaluuya, stopped by “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” to talk about the movie and how his life has changed.
According to Complex, Kaluuya said about the movie, “I feel like what Jordan articulated through his voice, his African American voice and African American perspective, he tapped into a universal black truth navigating the Western world. Where like, white people say some really weird stuff to you. White people say weird stuff. White people say weird things.” He mentioned that White people will say weird things to him like, “I saw “Get Out” three times.
Kaluuya also shared one of the most surreal moments he experienced at the Golden Globes. Denzel Washington approached him and he couldn’t believe he knew him, then Washington introduced him to Oprah. He told Colbert, “I hugged Oprah. I’m basically bulletproof . . . My credit’s great now.”
- City Show Battle of the Bars!!! Tory Lanez VS Joyner Lucas
- City Show Columbus Mailman Arrested For Stealing Package Containing Illegal Drugs
- Chicago Hospital Shooting Is A Reminder That Black Women Suffer From Domestic Violence The Most
- Diddy Reportedly Taps TD Jakes To Lead An ‘Extravagant’ Funeral For Kim Porter
- New Report: Black Voters Once Again Saved The Country In The Midterm Elections
- ‘LHHHS5’ Reunion Recap: Moniece And Princess Love Do The Unthinkable
- Chicago Hospital Shooting Victim Dr. Tamara O’Neal Was Reportedly A Victim Of Domestic Violence
- CBUS 411 Report: Grocery Store Hours On Thanksgiving Day
- Doin’ The Most Report: Diddy Planning Elborate Funeral For Kim Porter
- NRA Told Doctors To ‘Stay In Their Lane’ On Guns And Now There’s A Shooting At Mercy Hospital