Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- The Rewind – MGK Needs Weezy’s Pistol, Swizzy Teases “Poison”
- Wet Storms: Donald Trump’s Most Ignorant Moments During Hurricane Relief Efforts
- Entertainment Rundown Suge Knight Strikes Plea Deal
- Welp! ‘Love and Hip Hop’ Star Tommie Lee Sentenced To 48 Hours In Jail For DUI
- Dr. Talisa Dixon Named Columbus City Schools Superintendent
- Former NBA Player And Fellow Georgetown Prep Alum Defends Brett Kavanaugh, Kind Of
- New Job: Cannabis Connoisseur $50 an Hour!
- Happy Anniversary! Cardi B Posts First-Ever Photo of Her Secret Wedding To Offset
- Sanaa Lathan: I Would Be Doing The ‘Nappily Ever After’ Story A Disservice If I Didn’t shave My Head
- Browns, Baker Mayfield, Beat Jets and Looked Good Doing It