Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- #WordEyeHeard: 12-Year-Old Arrested After Carjacking in Columbus
- Toni Braxton Gives A Sneak Peek Of New Album “Sex & Cigarettes With Donnie Simpson [Video]
- Toni Braxton Confirms Engagement To Birdman But When Is The Wedding Date?
- (Sigh): Blac Chyna’s 18-Year-Old Bae Made A Ton Of Eye Roll Statements This Month
- #RealNews: Curtis Snow Talks Netflix, Mo’Nique & Legal Weed
- Rest In Peace: Toys ‘R’ Us Founder Dead One Week After Company Goes Under
- Find Out Why Chrissy Teigen Didn’t Take John Legend’s Last Name After They Got Married
- Lena Waithe Talks Ready Player One & Making The Chi Blacker and More Authentic
- #MicahDixon Drug Laced with Bug Spray has Zombie-like effects #SMH
- #MicahDixon Migos “Walk It Like I Talk It” #MusicVideo