Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- ‘RHOAS11’ Recap: Eva Snubs The Group For Her Secret Bachelorette Trip
- Prosecute Cops Caught On Video ‘Planting’ Drugs On Innocent Black Men, Legal Advocate Says
- No Offset, Your Little Stunt During Cardi B’s Performance Wasn’t Romantic. It Was Abusive.
- 2 White Terrorists Charged With Hate Crime For Harassing Black Woman
- Police Kill Black Teen But Charge 16-Year-Old Girl With Murder For The Shooting
- Gary’s Tea: Future Has A Message For Ciara, Da Brat & LisaRaye Share Emotional Moment On Television & More
- Ebro Catches Heat & Issa Rae Makes Boss Moves: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- 6 Ways Women Can Make Extra Money !!
- CityNews: Kanye West Gets Questioned By The Paparazzi and His Response…. Priceless…