Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Vice President Mike Pence visits Columbus to talk tax reform
- Student Showed Up to School With Teacher Approved-KKK Costume
- Lil Rel Howery Stands Up For The Black Press At The MTV Movies And TV Awards
- JAY-Z Denies Secret Love Child On “Heard About Us”
- This Realtor Will Scare You Into Buying A Home
- Bonnie & Clyde ‘18: The Carters Deliver “EVERYTHING IS LOVE” Surprise Album
- Beyonce And Jay-Z Drop New Music “Everything Is Love”
- Why The Long Face? Russians Are Being Taught How To Smile For World Cup Visitors
- Jared Kushner Has A List Of Rappers He Wants President Cheeto To Pardon
- Cardi B And Offset Do Maternity Shoot For ‘The Rolling Stones’