Kanye West has been going through a lot of change in the last couple of years. Mental health issues, new baby, political controversies, moving to Chicago, new music, possibly coming out of the sunken place (the jury is still out on this) and now changing his name.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Kanye announced via Twitter that he no longer wants to be called Kanye and has shortened it to Ye. He’s even gone as far to change his social media handles to his new name.
Ye made the announcement just hours before his Saturday Night Live performance and the new album release.
No word on what prompted the new name or if it’s even a legal name change or just a publicity stunt.
- Music Columbus and Power 1075/1063 Presents: Music Business Monday’s Virtual Music Conference
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Powerhouse Couple Russell Wilson and Ciara Ink First-Look Deal With Amazon Studios
- CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People Don’t Need Face Masks Indoors or Outdoors
- Trending Topics: Colonial Pipeline Back Online Amid Gas Shortage + Judge Asked to OK Evidence of Ahmaud Arbery’s Past
- Yara Shahidi Collaborated With Adidas With To Create Yara Shahidi Superstar Shoes
- Hip Hop Spot: J. Cole’s Freestyle Has The Hip-Hop World Shook + Jay Z Leads Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- #JusticeForPamelaTurner: Civil Rights Leaders Organize Rally On Second Anniversary Of Her Death
- ‘American Idol’ Finalist Leaves Show After KKK-Themed Video Lands Online
- Black Man Charged With Manslaughter For Fatally Punching Old Man Over Racist Slur
- Tiffany Haddish’s Short Buzz Cut Maybe Coming To Daytime Television
- Vashtie Talks Motherhood, Style Inspirations, And Her Latest Sneaker Collaboration With Pine-Sol