Kanye West has been going through a lot of change in the last couple of years. Mental health issues, new baby, political controversies, moving to Chicago, new music, possibly coming out of the sunken place (the jury is still out on this) and now changing his name.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Kanye announced via Twitter that he no longer wants to be called Kanye and has shortened it to Ye. He’s even gone as far to change his social media handles to his new name.
Ye made the announcement just hours before his Saturday Night Live performance and the new album release.
No word on what prompted the new name or if it’s even a legal name change or just a publicity stunt.
- #PowerPlayOfTheWeek: Wale feat Jeremih “On Chill”
- Buckeyes name Justin Fields starting QB; Presason Polls ranks OSU No. 5
- Behind The Scenes: Gabrielle Union Will Take On Interracial Relationship In Upcoming Rom-Com
- Snoop Dogg’s Top 5 Rappers List , You Will Never Guess Who Gave The #1 Spot Too And Who He Left Off The List
- What They Really Want: The DMX Challenge Has Folks Drooling Over Black Women’s Beauty
- Superintendent Dr. Dixon Sets Goals For Upcoming School Year
- R. Kelly STILL NASTY!!! Feds Accuse Singer Of Spreading Herpes
- ‘We Have Medicine:’ Brothers In Jussie Smollett Case Back In Nigeria Offering ‘Love And Good Energy’
- Natural Vibes: Meg Thee Stallion Shows Off Her Textured Tresses
- Lizzo , Justin Timberlake and Meek Mill in studio