Kanye West has been going through a lot of change in the last couple of years. Mental health issues, new baby, political controversies, moving to Chicago, new music, possibly coming out of the sunken place (the jury is still out on this) and now changing his name.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Kanye announced via Twitter that he no longer wants to be called Kanye and has shortened it to Ye. He’s even gone as far to change his social media handles to his new name.
Ye made the announcement just hours before his Saturday Night Live performance and the new album release.
No word on what prompted the new name or if it’s even a legal name change or just a publicity stunt.
- Trick or Treat Times for the Columbus Metro Area
- Damn I’m Stressed: How To Deal With Election Anxiety
- 2020 BET HIP HOP AWARDS Recap
- Ciara Is 35 And 35 Pounds Away From Her Post-Baby Body Goals
- Pizza Is Coming To Panera Bread
- JT’s Leopard Print Catsuit Won The BET Hip Hop Awards
- 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards: Winners + Performances [VIDEO]
- Git Up, Git Out: Big Boi Supplies Meals To Atlanta Poll Workers
- If Spike Lee’s ‘Drop Squad’ Was Real, Who Would It Target Today? Too Many Sunken Black Folks To Choose From
- Barack Obama To Be Guest On LeBron James’s ‘The Shop: Uninterrupted’