Mars unveiled the new name for its 70-year-old Uncle Ben’s rice brand.
This is the latest company to drop a logo criticized as a racial stereotype.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Packaging with the new name Ben’s Original will hit stores next year.
“We listened to our associates and our customers and the time is right to make meaningful changes across society,” said Fiona Dawson, global president for Mars Food, multisales and global customers. “When you are making these changes, you are not going to please everyone. But it’s about doing the right thing, not the easy thing.”
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Beyoncé Confirms New Drop On The Way + Taraji P. Henson Is Officially A Single Woman
- An Urban One Voters’ Town Hall
- As She Should: Ari Lennox Is Trending Just For Being Beautiful
- First Look At Chadwick Boseman’s Last Film “Ma Rainey Black Bottom” Drops
- Michael B. Jordan To Produce ‘Static Shock’ Film For DC
- Parole Board Transcripts Show Bobby Shmurda Is A Changed Man
- Hustler’s Ambition: 50 Cent Signs 3 Film Deal With Eli Roth
- Twitter Supports Kamala Harris With #MyNameIs After GOP Sen. David Perdue’s Racist Jab
- The Lo’ Down: Jennifer Lopez Faces Criticism For Calling Herself A ‘Black Girl From The Bronx’ [WATCH]
- T.I. On Working With His Kids On ‘The L.I.B.R.A’ & If He Would Meet With Trump Like Ice Cube [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
Uncle Ben’s Rice Brand Gets A New Name Change, Are We Here For it? was originally published on 92q.com