Minimum wage workers in the state are set to receive a 10 cent increase in 2021 taking it from $8.70 an hour to $8.80 for non-tipped employees and to $4.40 for tipped employees. Over the last couple of years, Ohio has been gradually raising the minimum wage in the state. In 2020 the minimum wage got a 15 cent increase, in 2019 the minimum wage got a 25 cent increase, in 2018 the minimum wage got a 15 cent increase and in 2016 the increase was 5 cents. The latest increase will start on January 1st of 2021.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In 2006, Ohio passed The Constitutional Amendment (II-34a) increasing the minimum wage annually based on inflation. If this increase isn’t enough for you there are plenty of employers around central Ohio that pay more than the minimum. Many of the Amazon distribution locations are starting new employees at $15 an hour, Walmart has started a new program nationwide in stores that have sparked an $18 and $21 an hour wage that can go up to $30 an hour in Walmart Supercenters. Hobby Lobby is another retailer that recently announced a $17 minimum wage increase for their full-time employees. Target had planned on increasing the minimum wage for employees at the end of 2020 to $15 but implemented it early.
- 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards Playlist Curated By DJ QuickSilva
- Lovie Simone On ‘The Craft: Legacy’ Remake: ‘You Get To See The Lifestyle Of The Black Girl Without It Being Traumatizing’
- Kimora Lee Simmons Has A ‘Thrilling’ Creative Process For Baby Phat Beauty With Her Daughters Aoki Lee And Ming Lee
- Who’s Cappin?! Jared Kushner Says Black Americans Have To ‘Want To Be Successful’ [VIDEO]
- Angie’s Motivation: Adjust The Way You Think [VIDEO]
- Wendy Williams Addresses Concerns Over Recent Behavior
- MODEL MONDAY: Amala Iyanla Went From A Music Video Model To The Star Of Her Own Runway Show
- Meet MELĒ, The Skincare Brand Co-Created By Dermatologists Of Color For The Melanin Rich
- Civil Rights Leaders Shake Their Heads At Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court Confirmation
- Delusions of Grandeur: Trump Claims ’60 Minutes’ Interview Walk Out Showed “Strength”