Columbus Police Chief Officer Quinlan issued a public statement on Christmas Eve announcing that charges will be filed against Officer Adam Coy, the Columbus officer who fatally shot Andre’ Hill on Tuesday. Chiefs also recommending that Officer Coy be terminated.
In his statement, Chief Quinlan said, “Today is Christmas Eve. A time when we should be gathering with those we love. The family of Andre Hill has nothing to celebrate this holiday. Someone very important won’t be with them this holiday, or any other. A Columbus Police Officer is responsible for that. And that breaks my heart. This is why today I am announcing action to terminate Officer Adam Coy.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Two charges alleging critical misconduct have been filed against Officer Coy and a hearing will be held before the director of Public Safety Ned Pettus Jr. on Monday. The decision will be announced after.
Andre Hill is the second black man to die after being shot by a Columbus Police Officer in the month of December. Officer Coy was responding to a noise complaint when he encountered Hill in a garage and shot him. Hill was unarmed.
Listen to his official statement below:
- Mompreneur Melissa Dewgard Created My Melanin Fits To Celebrate The Culture. Period.
- Biden Calls For Bold Rescue Plan To Tackle Economy
- 5 Facts About The Assassination Of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Angie Ange Shares Her Favorite Martin Luther King Jr. Quote Which Still Holds True Today
- The Lo Down: Plies Buried His Gold Teeth (Literally) & Popped Out With A Whole New Smile [WATCH]
- Keke Palmer Says Too Much Makeup Is Not The Root To Bad Acne
- Rico Nasty Urges Black Women To Fully Express Themselves In Interview
- 6 Expert Tips For Safely Straightening Your Natural Hair At Home
- Ohio Counties COVID Vaccination Plans
- Black Lawmakers, Allies Demand That White Supremacy Is Addressed Within The Halls Of Congress
Columbus Police Chief “Officer Coy Must Be Terminated” Charges Filled was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com