According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Laughably Claims White Supremacist Protest In Texas Was ‘Fed Operation’
- Win Drake Concert Tickets!
- Become CoHost for a Day with Power 107.5/106.3 and Ohio Media School!
- 1976: Natalie Cole Makes History, Wins Best New Artist
- Kash Doll Gives Us Hair Goals In Latest IG Video
- Keke Palmer Shares An Inspirational Message On Instagram About Success: ‘I Don’t Think You Should Be Competing With Anybody’
- Kelly Rowland Dazzles On Stage In London In A Mugler Catsuit
- 1974: Stevie Wonder Makes History… Again | Black Music Month
- Chilli Reveals How Her And Usher’s Relationship Finally Ended
- Chloë Bailey Serves Face And Body In Latest Instagram Photos
A Pill To Cure COVID is In Development, Being Test Now was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
This Ohio City Ranked No. 1 Worst City To Raise A Family
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Win $250 and Become a Power 107.5 DJ For a Day
Win Free Tickets to See Post Malone & $250!
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Hoopz Disses Shaunie And Loves Doing This To Shaq [Exlcusive Interview]
Tyrese and Rev Run’s “Manology” Promotional Tour [PHOTOS]
PMC SLEAZE: Did Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. Really Put Ex-Fiancee #OnBlast... Abortion Papers & Everything!!!!