According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
List Of Countries Effected By The Coronavirus
1. China (81,093)1 of 5
2. Italy (59,138)2 of 5
3. America (39,262)3 of 5
4. Spain (33,089)4 of 5
5. Germany (27,546)5 of 5
- Music Columbus and Power 1075/1063 Presents: Music Business Monday’s Virtual Music Conference
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Pose’s Angelica Ross Set To Appear In ‘American Horror Story: Double Feature’ Calling It Her “All Time Favorite” Look
- Must See: This Timely Feature Film ‘The Rest Of Us’ Explores Mental Health & Suicide Prevention
- Tune Into This Black Girl Magic: 2021 Urban One Honors Will Acknowledge ‘Women Leading the Change’
- Nina Parker Created A Stylish Space For Plus Size Women With Her Macy’s Collection
- Jail Phone Records Reveal Ahmaud Arbery’s Accused Murderer Suggested Killing Him Was A ‘Good Deed’
- J. Cole Talks About His Fistfight With Puff Daddy On New Album
- New CDC Mask Guidance for Ohio
- Ellen DeGeneres Says Claims Against her Felt Orchestrated, But Are not the Reason She is Leaving the Show
- LOCAL NEWS: More on Ohio’s Upcoming Vaccine Lottery Drawings
- No Masks, Just Vibes: The CDC Announced Masks Are No Longer Required & Social Media Reacts
A Pill To Cure COVID is In Development, Being Test Now was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com