Beatty, a Democrat whose districts include parts of Columbus, shared photos on her Twitter page of her being handcuffed by Capitol Police, with the post that read, “Let the people vote. Fight for justice.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Beatty and others marched to Hart Senate Office Building calling for an end to voting restriction laws being passed in states around the nation. Capitol Police confirmed the arrest, saying in a social media post, “After officers arrived on the scene, they warned the demonstrators three times to stop.
Hours later Rep. Beatty released a statement via her Twitter account about her protest.
- Naomi Osaka Lit The Olympic Cauldron At The Tokyo Opening Ceremony With Braids That Repped Her Country
- The Cleveland Baseball Team is now the Cleveland Guardians
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Expands Shades Of Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick Collection
- IRS Warns of Child Tax Credit-Related Scams
- Keyshia Cole Breaks Silence On Mother’s Death In Heartfelt Message
- Kim Kardashian attended Kanye West’s DONDA livestream event
- Batgirl Is Biracial! Afro-Latina Actress Leslie Grace Set To Star as Titular Hero For HBO Max Film
- HHW Gaming: Atlantic Records Teams Up With Xbox To Launch The Green Room Gaming Series
- Jadakiss & Styles P Make Fun Of Jim Jones’ Weatherman Skit [Video]
- Columbus City Schools Requiring Students to Wear Face Masks to start 2021 School Year in the Fall
Ohio Rep. Joyce Beatty arrested during voting-rights march in Washington was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com